ALBION Sports moved into the top half of the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division last night thanks to a fine 2-1 home win over Penistone Church.

Penistone are regular challengers at the top of the table, and had won two of their opening three league games.

But they made a bad start last night, as prolific Albion striker Danny Facey put his side in front after just five minutes.

Penistone hit back five minutes into the second half through Kieran Ryan to level things up, but when Albion's Charlie Flaherty was flattened in the box after a good run on 68 minutes, Andrew Cooper stepped up to fire home the winner from the spot.

Albion survived a late fright when Penistone's goalkeeper Chris Snaith somehow hit the post from inside his own half.

The win sees Albion move up to ninth, with seven points from their opening four games.

Eccleshill United and Thackley have both made slow starts to the season, and that continued last night.

United went 1-0 down early on at Handsworth due to a long-range effort from Chandler Gibson, but had a great chance to get back into it when they won a 17th minute penalty.

That was conceded by Steven Wankiewicz, who was dismissed for deliberate handball. But the spot-kick was saved brilliantly by Ben Townsend.

Eccleshill missed several chances after that, and their profligacy came back to haunt them when goalkeeper Brad Emmerson picked up a backpass in the 84th minute.

Oscar Radford scored from the resulting free-kick and although Jonny Irving pulled a goal back in injury-time, it wasn't enough as the Eagles slid to a disappointing 2-1 defeat.

Bottesford Town had lost every league game they'd played this season until they hosted Thackley.

But it was Wednesday woe for the Dennyboys, as they slumped to a 4-1 away defeat.

Ben Johnson opened the scoring for Town on eight minutes, before Dayle Hutson made it 2-0 after a fine solo run on 35 minutes.

Hashlee Cranidge netted twice in the second half to compound Thackley's misery, with their only consolation coming courtesy of Daniel Broadbent's 80th minute goal.

Campion went back to the top of Division One after thumping visiting Swallownest 4-1.

They actually fell behind, when Callum Greaves netted on the counter attack for the away side in the 23rd minute.

But the hosts were in front by the break thanks to an Andrew McCreadie double.

And after missing chances to go further in front early in the second half, Campion did make it three thanks to a fine Aidan Kirby free-kick on the hour mark.

Patrick Sykes made it 4-1 with 15 minutes to go, finishing nicely after a fine run and cross from Jason Carney.