IT was a bruising night in the FA Cup extra preliminary round for many of our clubs, with only Silsden emerging with victory.

Even that was against a Bradford team, as they dismantled local rivals Eccleshill United 3-0 away from home.

The Eagles were all over the visitors early on but found goalkeeper Alfie Darke and his defence, marshalled by experienced new signing Shaun Airey, in fine form.

Slowly Silsden began to gain a foothold. Myles Foley nearly volleyed home from a set-piece before Matthias Britton was twice denied by great saves from Eccleshill goalkeeper Brad Emmerson.

But it was third time lucky for Britton in the 40th minute, as he headed home Joe Mitchell's cross to give the visitors the lead.

Talent Ndlovu missed a good chance for Eccleshill right on half-time, and that proved costly, as Silsden put the game to bed with a double strike just after the break.

In a real sickener for Eccleshill, the goals came from their former striker Antony Brown.

First up, he was found by a pinpoint Britton pass, before cutting across the six yard box to fire home and minutes later, he turned home a Khurram Shazad cross to make it 3-0.

Eccleshill's night went from bad to worse when captain Aran Basi was sent off on 64 minutes and Emmerson had to be on top form to deny any further humiliation.

They almost netted a late consolation, but Darke produced a stunning save to tip substitute Marcel Chigumira's shot on to the bar.

The win means the Sils will face either Avro or Bootle (who play tonight) in the preliminary round on September 12.

Meanwhile, Eccleshill's fellow Bradford rivals also lost last night.

Thackley had a tough task to try and win at Runcorn Town, whose team contained former Bayern Munich striker Dale Jennings.

But they made a brilliant start and opened the scoring within the first 20 minutes. A Lewis Waddington cross was only half-cleared and Loz Hunter fired the loose ball home off the post.

Teenage striker Asa Mitchell hit the woodwork just before the break as Thackley almost went in with a two-goal cushion.

Runcorn came out with a renewed vigour in the second half though, and only a magnificent save from Luke Wilson denied Ryan Cox an equaliser.

On 67 minutes, a poor tackle from Runcorn's Declan McGivern surprisingly went unpunished and the hosts took advantage of that moment of fortune.

Lewis Buckley scrambled home an equaliser minutes later, before Kieran Holsgrove thundered home a long-range winner in the final few moments to send Runcorn through to face Brighouse Town in the next round.

Thackley were not the only ones to lose 2-1. Liversedge would have been confident of winning at Irlam, having already beaten them 2-0 in pre-season.

But Irlam were a tougher prospect this time around. The hosts took the lead just after half-time, but prolific Sedge striker Oliver Fearon soon equalised with a header.

Ten minutes later, Irlam retook the lead, but Sedge had the chance to equalise at the death. They won a penalty with five minutes to go, but Fearon smashed the ball off the upright and it went out for a throw.

There will be another Bradford club that goes through tonight though, as Campion host Albion Sports.