A THUNDERBOLT from Brendan Maltby saw Toller to a deserved 2-1 victory in the Yorkshire Amateur Supreme Division over second-bottom Drighlington.

Toller started the game well and went two goals up. Maltby netted with a cannonball of a shot from 40 yards out, while Matt Oddy's strike came from a more reasonable distance.

Toller, who are now ninth, created numerous chances before and after their goals, with Drighlington goalkeeper Declan Wilkinson his side's star player. Luke Watson was the scorer of Drig's consolation.

Calverley United were not at their best but moved into second with a 3-2 win over lowly Alwoodley.

They went ahead 1-0 through Matty Wilson's 30th minute penalty but soon surrendered that lead, as two defensive errors saw Alwoodley level, then go in front.

A goal for Harrison Newlove and a second for Wilson eventually settled the see-saw contest in favour of Calverley. Wilson is now the Supreme Division's leading scorer with 21 goals.

Farsley Celtic Juniors won again to retain top spot, after beating seventh-placed Stanley United 2-0.

Two defensive errors proved to be costly for a depleted Stanley, who also had to cope with a contentious sin bin decision.

After four weeks without playing, Farsley were not at their usual high tempo and only had a Louis Surtees goal to show for their first half domination.

Stanley started the second half with much more intent and, after a few changes looked to take game to Farsley.

But it was the leaders who added a second through Andy Cooper. Farsley should have scored more late on but poor finishing and some good goalkeeping kept it at 2-0.

Horsforth St Margaret’s are sixth, 15 points behind leaders Farsley but with four games in hand. They are in scintillating form and cruised to a 7-2 victory over Bradford-based Route One Rovers at the weekend.

In form striker Jamal Stewart scored five of their goals, all of which came in the second half.

It could have been more if it wasn’t for Route One keeper Imran Yousef, who had a great game despite the scoreline.

It was only 2-1 at the break, with Route One actually taking the lead, but they could not keep the contest competitive after the break, and drop to fifth as a result.

It was a bad day for another Bradford side as Athletico slumped to a 3-0 defeat at Wortley.

With a couple of players returning from injury, Wortley set up very offensively, which worked, as they went in at half-time 3-0 up, with Jordan Hey, Joe Cryer and John Mallinson all netting.

The second half brought changes as Wortley tired, but the hosts defended well throughout the game to keep the clean sheet and they could have added to the score in the end.

In the Premier Division, eighth-placed Wibsey suffered a devastating setback as they conceded an injury-time goal to leaders Gildersome Spurs Old Boys in a 2-1 defeat.

Ade McCormack put Spurs in front early on but Gareth Stoyles equalised on the hour mark.

Wibsey keeper Mark House then saved a 70th minute Gildersome penalty, but he could not keep out the late, late winner, a scuffed volley which found its way in via the inside of the post.

In the Championship, PFC beat visitors Idle 3-1 in a wind-affected game. Aaron Irving actually put Idle 1-0 ahead after 50 minute, but poor defending allowing PFC to equalise in the 66th minute through Iby Farooq.

Idle's failure to clear their lines allowed PFC to go in front thanks to 17-year-old Farooq, who completed a fabulous hat-trick late in the contest to seal the match.

PFC are fourth with nine wins and eight losses from 17 games, while Idle are next to bottom, although there are sides around them that have played more games.

In Division One, Tyersal lost yet again away from home to leave themselves down in ninth. They were beaten 3-1 at Leeds City Reserves, who scored three in the 15 minutes before half-time.

Tyersal threatened more in the second half, pulling a goal back on 48 minutes through their joint leading scorer Owen Thomas Greaves and looking dangerous whenever they got in behind the City defence.

In the last 15 minutes, it was Leeds who should have extended their lead, but they had to be content with the 3-1 win.

Prospect almost pulled off a thrilling Division Two comeback. They were 5-0 down at half time to Gildersome Spurs Old Boys' Reserves, but managed to pull it back to 5-4.

Sadly for them, they conceded a late sixth goal when on the hunt for the equaliser. Prospect's goals came courtesy of Karl Ferguson, Shoaib Khan (2) and Liam Goodaire.

The defeat leaves them stuck in second bottom.

In Division Four, Tyersal Reserves were indebted to Lewis Oddy's hat-trick as they beat visiting Leeds Modernians III 5-2. Terence McLoughlin was at the double too for the sixth-placed hosts.

Finally, in Division Five, St Bede's Academy beat rock-bottom Beeston Juniors Old Boys Reserves 4-1, with Dan Tomlinson scoring twice.

Bede's are slowly climbing the table and are now eighth.