YORK extended their lead at the summit of North One East to ten points with a comfortable 65-0 home win over Bradford & Bingley.

The hosts ran in 11 tries, with stand off Declan Cusack slotting four conversions in very difficult,windy conditions. The scoring was completed by full back, Liam Hessay, who knocked over a conversion in Cusack's absence.

The bad weather had little material impact on a rampant York side, who scored 33 points with the wind at their backs in the opening 40, before adding another 32 in the second half.

This was despite a couple of Cusack's attempts on goal blowing back in his direction.

With a few players having left in the new year and stand-off Sam Murphy unavailable, it was a slightly re-jigged line up for the Bees, with debutant Luke Spauls coming into the side to start at hooker, having recently joined the club from Ilkley.

From the off, York were on the front foot, and playing into the strong wind, B&B's only tactic was to keep the ball in hand and try and keep possession for as long as possible.

However, it took the home side only eight minutes to get the first score. They turned over a Bees maul in midfield and Oscar Bell claimed the score.

By the 26th minute, it was obvious that York were just too strong for the Bees to keep out, as loose head prop John Aikman barrelled in for the fourth score and the bonus point try.

Between Bell's opener and the fourth try from Aikman, Joe Simpson galloped in for try number two, following good work from Sam Forbes.

Forbes was rewarded for his efforts with try number three out wide, having been put clear by a well timed pass from Cusack. Cusack landed a huge conversion from the touchline to improve the score.

Shane Goulding then collected a score either side of the break to keep the scoreboard rolling at almost a point a minute.

At the interval, York brought on back up scrum half Joel Bradley to make his first team debut against the club he had played all his junior rugby for.

The introduction of Bradley moved starting scrum half, Toby Atkin, out on to the wing, and he proved to be a thorn in the Wagon Laners' defensive flank for the rest of the game.

Although most of the traffic was going towards the Bees end of the field, Hugh Gumbs' men never gave up trying and the defence remained determined in the face of almost constant pressure.

Jack Malthouse made a number of tremendous tackles in midfield and there were B&B shirts willing to contest everything, even as the scoreboard ticked past 50 points when Atkin collected a brace of scores down the right hand touchline.

The Bees continued to battle to keep York at bay, but simply ran out of defenders, as the home side kept the ball alive in a number of attacks across the length of the the opposing 22.

With 10 minutes to play, Hessay crossed for a score, with the wind making a conversion almost impossible. Right at the death, York sealed their emphatic victory with a converted try from Luke Stockton.

After that bruising defeat, the Wagon Laners should be able to bounce back next week at home to Durham City, who have yet to win a league game on the road all season.