ATHLETICO upset the formbook in the Yorkshire Amateur League Supreme Division with a 3-2 win over high-flying Route One Rovers.

The struggling Bradford hosts - still in 12th spot - boosted their survival hopes with a superb comeback after trailing 2-0.

They reduced the deficit by half-time thanks to a goal from Izatullah Ghaznewa before Zeeshan Haider equalised after the break.

Ghaznewa bagged his second to claim the spoils for his team and deny their Esholt visitors third place.

That is now occupied by Calverley United - their highest ever placing - after they demolished depleted Steeton Reserves 6-0 with goals from Matt Wilson (2), Tom Westerman (2), Adam Slater and Jay Harris. Man of the match was Kam Basin.

Farsley Celtic Juniors are six points clear at the top of the table after a 2-1 win at Horsforth St Margaret’s.

The visitors led 2-0 at half-time thanks to a Danny Lyons header and a goal from Louis Surtees after he rounded the keeper.

Joe Tasker pulled one back for Saints ten minutes from time with a skilful lob.

Drighlington had to settle for a draw at Lower Hopton despite going 3-0 up after 30 minutes with goals from Spencer Inskip and Ross McHale (2).

But the hosts pulled one back before half-time and came back to make it 3-3 - keeping them two points behind Drig but with three games in hand.

Toller turned on the style at home to Wortley in a 5-2 triumph. Goals from Luke Hopton and Brendan Malty put them 2-0 up but poor defending allowed Wortley to draw level.

But Maltby's second goal, one from Hassan Khan after another mazy dribble, and new signing from neighbours Bedes, Andy McHugh, ensured an emphatic victory.

In the Premier Division, St Bede's won their Bradford derby at home to Wibsey 4-1.

The hosts took a 2-0 lead when Rich Harris crossed for Jermaine Moyce to glance home before a lovely through ball by Trinity Brown found Harris, who made no mistake.

Wibsey skipper Damian Harland headed home to pull one back but the crucial third with around 25 minutes to go came when Brown rifled into the top corner from 30 yards.

Gareth Gilmartin scored his first goal in seven years with five minutes left to put the icing on the cake for Bede's, who are second but have played more games than those around them.

Idle moved out of the bottom two in the Championship thanks to a Jack Strudwick triple in a 5-3 win at leaders Beeston Juniors Old Boys. Andy Dawson and Ryan Mitchell were also among the scorers.

Bradford side PFC were also in a high-scoring game but came out on the losing side as they went down 4-3 at Mount St Mary’s despite goals from Abdul Ghaffar and Mohammed Zubair Khan (2).

In Division One, Tyersal enjoyed their third win on the trot as they won 2-0 at home to Horsforth St Margaret’s C thanks to goals from Kenneth Erhabor and Owen Thomas Greaves, with Jacob McNulty man of the match.