WIBSEY remained in the promotion picture by gaining bragging rights over St Bedes with a 2-0 victory in the Yorkshire Amateur League Premier Division.

Chris Wood and Chris Mortimer bagged late on for the home side.

Stanningley OB were the other victors, beating Leeds City 2-1, thanks to goals from James Crowther and Adam Pulford.

A Rob Edwards hat-trick meant Farsley Celtic Juniors were back to winning ways after last week’s cup defeat, continuing their 100 per cent winning record in the Supreme Division.

Louis Surtees and Danny Lyons also got on the scoresheet for the league cruisers.

It was eleventh heaven for Littletown who smashed strugglers Drighlington with Scott Lightowler grabbing four and Tom Ramsden (2), Adam Williams, Tim Clarke, Matt Bolton, Macca Parkinson and Reiss Brook scoring the rest.

Colm Hicks’ quadruple led to Lower Hopton remaining bottom after a 4-1 defeat to Leeds Medics & Dentists.

A Shoaib Iqbal brace was not enough for Route One Rovers, who missed out on a chance to go up to third, losing 4-3 to Ryburn United.

Toller halted an in-form Calverley with a 3-2 win, Josh Taylor, Hassan Khan and Brendan Maltby each netting.

Athletico reserves were surprisingly beaten 3-0 by Leeds City FC reserves in Division One action.

Farsley Sports blasted Thornesians reserves 7-0 in Division Four, Josh Handley (3), Liam Spencer, Jordan Webb (2) and Martin Lee netting for the hosts.

Tom Mickey and Mick Dougan’s strikes could not prevent St Bedes Academy’s 4-2 defeat at Thornesians in Division Five.

There was plenty of Hancock Cup action. Farsley Celtic reserves narrowly beat Colton on spot kicks after playing out a 2-2 draw.

Colton’s Charlie Storey and Danny Coates cancelled out Steve Wells’ early strike before a late Ben Wilson equaliser sent the match to penalties, which Farsley won 3-1.

It was a goal fest at Golcar as Michael Dolan’s finish denied Tyersal a passage through, losing 5-4.

Kenneth Erhabor’s brace provided light relief for Tyersal.

Calverley United reserves booked a meeting with St Bedes reserves in the next round after beating Ealandians III 5-2. Jack Mills and Tommy Reynolds were both at the double for the hosts.

Tyersal reserves were also downed 3-1 by Morley Town development squad.