A LATE penalty denied a much-improved Athletico a surprise win over high-flying Ryburn United in the Yorkshire Amateur League Supreme Division.

They had lost their previous two league games 6-2 and 7-3 but played as equals here in what was an enjoyable contest.

Visitors Ryburn took the lead in the 15th minute but attacking midfielder Brandon Dexter restored parity 10 minutes later, before Arsalan Mahmood put Athletico in front before the break.

A disputed penalty enabled Ryburn to draw level in the 80th minute but Athletico's improved display at least had some reward, as they moved up to eighth.

It was a disastrous day for tenth-placed Toller, who not only lost 3-1 to Alwoodley but suffered injuries to key players Kamran Khan, Brendan Maltby and Shoaib Mohammed.

The latter appeared to have snapped his Achilles tendon on the hour mark and now looks likely to be out for the season.

The game itself saw Toller's leading scorer Luke Hepton equalise an early Alwoodley strike, but two sloppy late goals ensured they got nothing from the game.

Drighlington are stuck on a miserable five points from 10 matches after they lost 4-2 at home to Calverley United, with Will Wales netting both of their goals.

In the Premier Division, Wibsey won 3-1 at Ealandians, thanks to two goals from teenager Ethan Lee and an 85th minute clincher from the prolific Danny O'Donnell.

St Bedes were brilliant in their 4-3 win over league leaders Gildersome Spurs Old Boys last week, but they had a disaster at lowly Morley Town this time round, going 5-0 down before rallying to lose 5-4.

In Division One, Athletico Reserves lost 6-3 at Farsley Celtic Reserves. The visitors actually went 2-0 up, but conceded four goals in 10 minutes to go in at the break 4-2 down.

Farsley increased their lead to 6-2 before the hour mark, before Athletico grabbed a late consolation, despite going down to 10 men.

The visiting goalscorers were Moussa Fouzri Moussa, Hussain Mohammed and Gulraiz Mahmood.

Elsewhere, Tyersal edged out PFC 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in the first round of the Hancock Cup, while St Bede's Reserves beat their own academy side 4-1 in the Hodgson Cup.