BRADFORD boxer Zeeshan Khan captured his first title as he stopped the previously unbeaten Artif Ali for the super-featherweight Central Area title at King George's Hall in Blackburn.

Despite a slow start, Khan came into his own in the later rounds, dismantling Ali with fierce shots to wear down his body.

The stoppage came in the ninth when the 28-year-old unloaded a stunning right followed by an uppercut to force the referee to intervene.

Khan is now aiming to return back to his favoured weight of featherweight and hopes a shot at the English title is on the horizon.

Speaking to the T&A after his ninth professional win, he said: "I felt really good and I am pleased that I have got the first title in the bag.

"I look quite big as a super feather but I still made 9st 5lb even though I put weight on. I am going to campaign at featherweight in the future.

"I am hoping to gain the English title next then take it step by step. I personally believe I can go all the way."

Once the first bell rung, it was Ali who was the quickest out of the blocks, using his elusive style to throw counters off the back foot.

Although, the champion did not look at any stage like he was going to stop Khan, it definitely caused alarm bells for the Bradford man's supporters.

However, Khan claims he executed his team's plan to perfection and always knew he had the beating of the 31-year-old.

He added: "It was all part of the plan.

"In the first two rounds we knew he was going to come in fast and strong so I just let him do what he wanted too.

"It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary, we knew exactly how it was going to go. I warned everybody beforehand. I said to everyone don’t even worry about the first two rounds.

"I have always been a bit of a slow starter then I put my foot down then I pulled him apart for the rest of the fight.

"I hit him with good body shots which slow you down eventually."

The third round was the turning point as Khan established his jab to close off the ring and connected to the midriff on several occasions.

The Bradford fighter continued to use the right hand over the top when he could to catch the moving Ali.

It was his jab that made him the aggressor, following the Blackburn champion around the ring in a menacing fashion.

In the sixth, Ali seemed to be tiring as Khan went to work firing rights and lefts to the body.

As the fight progressed, the champion fell further towards the rope which played perfectly into the hands of the Yorkshire fighter.

It allowed Khan, who was determined to cause the stoppage, to shoot uppercuts and straights at the unresponsive Ali.

It was all over in the ninth when Khan gained only his second professional knockout after a crushing combination to end the bout.