LIVERSEDGE won the local derby against Silsden in the Toolstation Northern Counties East Premier Division as they banked three points from their trip to the Cobbydale Stadium.

Danny Forrest’s Cobbydalers broke the deadlock early but their lead lasted just two minutes and Sedge netted twice after the break to run out 3-1 winners and stay with the leading pack.

Quick thinking from Jake Taylor-Mountford set up Marko Basic on his full debut for the Sils and he slotted into the bottom corner. T

The home side’s joy was short lived as Alfie Raw was credited with the equaliser after a 17th-minute corner was not cleared by the home defence.

Silsden were the more dominant side for the remainder of the first half and they were denied by the woodwork twice in the second half, but Sedge hit them with a late brace.

Inside the last quarter hour Michael Bottomley lashed in a shot from the edge of the area, after an attack was only half cleared, to give the visitors a lead. With just over five minutes to go Sedge’s Kevy Tarangadzo wrapped up the scoring as he headed in from a corner kick.

Thackley are within three points of fifth-placed Sedge after the Dennyboys won by the same scoreline.

Pat McGuire’s men were hosting Bottesford Town and they took a firm grip of the game with goals either side of the half-hour mark.

Asa Mitchell netted them both as he bagged a quick fire brace. He slotted in the opener midway through the first half and he profited from an assist by Jack Normanton to double the home side’s lead at Dennyfield.

The visitors had a lot of possession after the interval and they halved the deficit midway through the second period when Jack McMenemy beat home keeper Luke Wilson.

After providing the second goal Normanton was denied by the woodwork in the 70th minute but his shot that came back off the bar gave him a second assist as team-mate Kieran Thompson drilled in the rebound.

The scoreline of the day was 3-1 as Eccleshill United won away at Barton Town by the same margin. Ndlovu got the Eagles off to a fine start as he broke the deadlock in the eighth minute with a header to claim his first goal for the club.

The Swans were level at the break after Ben Hichliffe hit an equaliser just before the half hour mark. Chances came and went at both ends before a cross from Eccleshill’s Jacob Buchanan caused home centre back Matt Plummer to slice an attempted clearance into his own net.

That was in the 66th minute and seven minutes later Jonny Irving netted at the second attempt to make it 3-1. His initial effort was parried by Barton keeper Sam Riches but he steered the rebound into the net.

Eccleshill’s win was not completed until Brad Emmerson saved a penalty minutes from time, the keeper denying Swans’ leading scorer Hinchliffe a 13th goal of the season following a foul inside the area.

Albion Sports were also winners as they made the short journey back from North Yorkshire after taking three points off Knaresborough Town.

The Albion Lions were a goal to the good in the 13th minute, Luke Aldrich on target, and they held onto that slender lead.

Campion are three points off the summit in Division One after romping to a 4-1 home win over Armthorpe Welfare.

The Doncaster outfit had created several opportunities in the opening stages but their lack of a cutting edge on the day cost them dearly. Jason Carney broke the deadlock midway through the first half and soon after the half-hour mark Campion were three goals to the good, Alex Cusack and Andy McCreadie adding.

Welfare pulled a goal back on the stroke of half time through Craig Aspinall but a Myles Foley header in the second half restored the Red and Blacks’ three-goal lead.

Brighouse Town lost their Roses derby in the BetVictor North West Division after hosts Ramsbottom United scored unanswered goals in each half.

Ruben Jerome opened the scoring and Nic Evangelinos netted late on to see the Lancashire side to a win.