GUISELEY and Farsley Celtic will both be in tomorrow’s draw for the third qualifying round of the Emirates FA Cup after winning banana skin ties against clubs from lower down the non-league ladder.

Guiseley clawed their way into the next round at Nethermoor as they beat a Stockton Town side that had knocked Liversedge out on their last trip to West Yorkshire just a fortnight ago.

The Lions should have been well clear on number of chances created but the visitors hung on in the game and made it a very nervy ending.

The home side had a slender lead courtesy of an unfortunate own goal and they held on.

Gabby Johnson had gone close early in the goalless first half with the Lions’ first chance and goal machine Aaron Martin was denied by a brave save from Stockton keeper Callum Roberts, while the visitors had half-chances but continued the threaten on the break.

The breakthrough came minutes into the second half when a long run and excellent low ball into the danger area by Kaine Felix hit the heel of Stockton skipper Adam Nicholson and deflected past keeper Roberts.

Joint-manager Russ O’Neill said, “We’re through to the next round and that’s all that mattered to us before kick-off.

"We had a lot of chances and could have had more goals but I don’t want to take anything away from Stockton Town because they came and played a good game and were a credit to their club.”

The Celts did win by a bigger margin but they were also made to toil by a club from two steps lower as they won 3-1 at North West Counties top tier outfit Runcorn Town.

It was far from a commanding performance by Adam Lakeland’s Celts but they, like Guiseley, ultimately got the job done.

The job being to reach the next round and after half-chances at both ends Farsley had taken a one-goal lead into the second half.

A shot midway through the first half from Dave Syers was parried by Runcorn keeper Marcus Burgess but Nathan Cartman latched onto the loose ball and slotted in.

The hosts had a half-hearted penalty appeal waved away early in the second half but they were back on terms on the hour mark when Aidan Roxburgh steered a half volley past Celts keeper Kyle Trenerry.

Lakeland’s men were the best side on the day and they came back to score twice in the final 18 minutes.

Cartman nodded in at the far post to bag his brace and Tyler Walton, who had replaced Syers as a 68th-minute substitute, finished a fine counter attacking move seven minutes from time after the Celts had won possession back in midfield.