LIVERSEDGE are back as joint-leaders of the top tier in the Northern Counties East League after a late hat-trick from Joe Walton fired them to a 4-2 win at mid-table AFC Mansfield.

Sedge had lost their share of the lead in the league after Wayne Benn’s Hemsworth MW had beaten Thackley in five-goal thriller in the Friday night game.

But Jonathan Rimmington’s men leapfrogged the new leaders with their win and are behind new leaders Bridlington Town, who also won on Saturday, on goal difference only.

The only goal of the first half was scored by Sedge’s Oliver Fearon but the Bulls hit back through Ross Duggan 10 minutes into the second half.

The home side had a plethora of chances but they failed to capitalise and Walton wrestled the initiative from the hosts with a hat-trick inside the last seven minutes. The Bulls were also on target in that spell as Luke Walker briefly made it 3-2.

At the start of the day Silsden were also in with a chance of grabbing a share of the leadership but they slumped to a heavy defeat at home, losing 5-0 to Yorkshire Amateur.

The Cobbydalers suffered a blow when they lost player-manager Danny Forrest to injury before the Ammers scored the only goal of the first half, Ashley Flynn pouncing 10 minutes before the break.

The Cobbydalers’ keeper Ben Higginson was to be beaten four times more after the interval.

Stephen Crawford doubled the visitors’ lead before Flynn netted to bag his brace and despite the Sils sharing possession and creating chances nothing clicked for them up front.

Matt Sykes and Fernando Moke wrapped up the scoring inside the final three minutes.

Eccleshill United pulled off a big coup by landing a trio of experienced players with Ryan Toulson, Nicky Boshell and Eli Hey all signing for Lee Elam’s side.

Toulson started and substitute Boshell netted on debut but they couldn’t prevent the Eagles suffering a home defeat to Maltby Main.

The Eagles opened an closed the scoring in a 3-2 loss with Jonny Irving breaking the deadlock after just three minutes. But Maltby were ahead at the interval after Jonathan Hill had levelled and Gavin King netted on the stroke of half time.

A foul inside the area gifted the visitors a 56th minute penalty and Aaron Moxam converted despite Eccleshill keeper Brad Emmerson getting a big hand on it. Boshell marked his debut with a superb strike, lashing in a volley from distance.

Albion Sports made the most of home advantage as they earned a 3-1 victory over Garforth Town. The deadlock was not broken until after the hour mark and it was the Miners who went a goal up, courtesy of Sean Hunter.

The Lions were soon level, Reece Farnhill with the goal and Alhassane Keita and Sidibe Ousmane weighed in with late strikes.

Campion also came back from a goal down to win as they hosted Ollerton Town in Division One.

The visitors took the lead from a ninth-minute penalty, Sam Stretton drilling home, but Omar Habeeb scored to level the scores before halt time and Mohammad Qasim netted the second half winner.

Steeton banked a point from a goalless draw at Daisy Hill in Division One North of the North West Counties League.