ROUTE One Rovers were on fire in the Yorkshire Amateur League Supreme Division at the weekend, overtaking Toller to go fifth after an impressive 5-1 win in Thornton.

Danyal Yasin opened the scoring in the 25th minute, followed by Ilidio Gomes in the 40th minute.

Toller quickly made the score 2-1 but Awais Khan added a third just before the interval.

Gomes and Yasin both got their braces in the second half to wrap up a big win.

Farsley Celtic Juniors remain unbeaten at the top of the Supreme Division after a crisp finish from Danny Lyons in the 60th minute secured a 1-0 home win over fellow high-flyers Littletown.

The visitors were perhaps unlucky, hitting the woodwork more than once and seeing a goal ruled out in a tight offside call.

They drop to fourth, while Stanley United moved up to second after a 2-1 win over Leeds Medics & Dentists.

Athletico got their second victory of the season, as goals from Zain Mushtaq and Paul Hague secured a 2-0 win at Drighlington.

Meanwhile, Steeton Reserves lost an epic home encounter with Wortley 5-3. Man of the match John Mallinson hit four goals to help lowly Wortley move up the table after their late start to the campaign, with Joe Cryer adding the fifth.

A young Steeton side actually took a 2-0 lead through front men Graham Holmes and Kyle Fox, with Holmes then adding a late consolation from the spot.

Alwoodley got their first victory of the campaign as hat-trick hero Rob Oxley secured a 3-0 home win over Calverley, who have now lost their last three games.

Lower Hopton remain bottom of the league, suffering a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Ryburn United.

In the Premier Division, Stanningley Old Boys won a nine-goal thriller at Morley Town, securing a 5-4 victory thanks to a late Russ Pritchard winner.

Elsewhere, two Bradford sides were on the end of a thrashing. Wibsey were put to the sword 9-2 at leaders Gildersome Spurs Old Boys, while St Bede’s were thumped 6-1 at second-placed Collegians.

Championship side PFC suffered a 3-2 defeat at Colton Athletic, not helped by an early Nazraan Khan red card, while Horsforth St Margarets Reserves, with the help of Luke Norman’s four goals, hammered Ealandians Reserves 12-0.

Finally, in Division One, Bradford side Fairbank United won an incredible game 6-5 against Alwoodley Reserves. Despite blowing a 4-1 lead, they eventually scraped home 6-5 after Junaid Ali tucked home a late, late winner.