THERE was no joy for the district's four clubs in the Buildbase FA Vase as they all suffered exits in the second qualifying round.

Two of the losses were heavy as Albion Sports were beaten 5-1 at home by Guisborough Town and Liversedge went down at Ashton Athletic by the same scoreline.

But Steeton and Thackley lost out by the odd goal, the latter in heartbreaking circumstances as two goals inside the last three minutes from home side Thornaby knocked the Dennyboys out.

Thackley had the better of the chances in the goalless first half and had the ball in the net as Simon Poole headed in but an offside flag curtailed celebrations.

The home side had put Eccleshill United out in the previous round and they hit the post following a free-kick just before the hour mark, but Pat McGuire’s men finally broke the deadlock.

Ben Grech-Brooksbank fired the Dennyboys into the lead in the 71st minute with a low shot from distance and they looked set to progress.

Their north-east hosts turned the tie on its head thanks to an Adam Preston brace as he netted the equaliser minutes from time and the winner in the first minute of stoppage time.

Steeton netted an early equaliser at home against Seaham Red Star, another Northern League club, but trailed by two goals at the break. The visitors’ Michael Chilton opened the scoring in the 16th minute but the Chevrons were behind for less than three minutes as Andy Briggs forced the ball in to level the scores.

The north-east side hit Steeton with a quickfire double around the hour mark and that was the turning point. David Robinson restored Red Star’s lead before Chilton added to bag a brace.

Roy Mason’s Chevrons dominated the second half but produced only one goal, Jeremie Milambo scoring on debut just after the hour mark as Steeton lost 3-2.

Albion’s Alhassane Keita was on target but visitors Guisborough Town were three goals to the good by then and they added two more. Mason McNeill bagged an early brace before Mark Robinson netted a first-half penalty. Sonni Coleman and Tom Marron added after Keita had hit back for the Lions.

Sedge were at North West Counties League top tier outfit Ashton Athletic and they also found themselves 3-0 down at half-time. Adam Gilchrist, Marcus Cussani and Dale Korie-Butler all scored in the first half.

Alfie Raw hit back for Sedge, from the penalty spot, but an own goal restored the Yellows’ three-goal cushion and Saul Guffog added a fifth late on.

Both of the area’s sides in Northern Counties East League Premier Division action lost but Campion improved their placing in Division One with a 2-1 win at Armthorpe Welfare.

Omar Habeeb netted the only goal of the first half to give the visitors the lead and, although the Doncaster club levelled through Luke Williams, the Red and Blacks’ Graham Hall scored a late winner.

Eccleshill United lost 3-0 at Bridlington Town, Joe McFadyen, Josh Greening and Chris Adams all scoring for the Seasiders. Silsden were beaten by the same scoreline at Maltby Main, Anthony Wilson, Robert Chipps and Aaron Moxam on target for the home side.

In the Bet Victor Northern Premier League North West, Brighouse Town beat City of Liverpool 2-1.

Town led at the break thanks to a goal from Ouseman Cham and Darnell Mintus added to the lead on 54 minutes before the visitors pulled one back