LIVERSEDGE’S Emirates FA Cup dream is over for another year after Jonathan Rimmington’s men lost a close first qualifying round tie against North East outfit Stockton Town.

It was a first defeat of the new season for Sedge who had battled through two previous rounds, beating higher-ranking Droylsden at Clayborn in the preliminary round, they remain unbeaten in the league and have progressed in the Buildbase FA Vase.

Two late goals at Clayborn knocked them out of the cup in a tie that was there for the taking.

Sedge dominated the early stages and forced a plethora of corners and long throw-ins that troubled the Teesside club's defence.

The visitors stayed in the game and although they didn’t look like scoring in the first half they eventually broke the deadlock with less than a quarter hour remaining.

A quick break down the right wing saw right-back Lewis King send in an excellent cross which Jordan Robinson turned past home keeper Josh Lill with a superb volley.

Stockton’s potent striker Jamie Owens beat his marker in the area to turn and fire a low shot past Lill in the penultimate minute.

There were big wins in the Northern Counties East Premier Division for Eccleshill United, Silsden and Thackley.

The Eagles won 8-0 away at basement boys Athersley Recreation and Silsden romped to a 7-1 home win against Garforth Town, and Thackley triumphed 2-1.

It was not the landslide victory that the Eagles and the Cobbydalers had earned, but it was a big win as it was at home against leaders Grimsby Borough and it saw Pat McGuire’s men overhaul their visitors and assume top spot.

An own goal by the Wilderness Boys’ Liam Higton was the only goal of the first half and it took until the 82nd minute for Jack Normanton to double the Dennyboys’ lead.

The visitors pulled a goal back through Jack Bradbury, but it was far too late to affect the result as the Dennyboys saw it out for a deserved victory.

Eccleshill were 4-0 up after just 17 minutes at Athersley and added a fifth before the break. Dominic Staunton bagged an early brace and Antony Brown weighed in with a late brace while Jonny Irving, Aran Basi, Lewis Sugden and Matty Stor were also on target.

Aidan Kirby netted a hat-trick, including one penalty, for Silsden and Jake Taylor-Mountford bagged a brace with Dan Illingworth and Jay Benn netting the other two.

Albion Sports lost 3-1 at Penistone Church as the home side were 2-0 up inside half an hour. Albion’s Labi Adeniran pulled a late goal back but the hosts added a third in the last minute.

Campion won 2-1 at Swallownest in Division One with all of the goals coming in the first half. The hosts broke the deadlock early but Omar Habbeb levelled from the penalty spot before Myles Foley scored the winner.

Steeton are out of the North West Counties League Cup after a defeat on penalties in the first round.

The Chevrons were drawn at home against Oswestry Town but after a goalless 90 minutes the Shropshire outfit edged the shoot out 5-3.