SECOND-half goals from Aaron Martin and Nicky Law proved decisive as League Two pacesetters Exeter City maintained their unbeaten record with a 3-1 win at Carlisle United.

Lee Martin had given Exeter a half-time lead which was cancelled out when Olufela Olomola equalised for Carlisle in the 61st minute.

Jamille Matt's first goal of the season helped second-placed Newport County to maintain their impressive start in League Two.

Matt's introduction against Port Vale proved crucial as he was assisted by Corey Whitely, another second half substitute.

Third-placed Crewe continued their excellent start to the season as goals from Tom Lowery and Charlie Kirk gave them a 2-0 win at Grimsby Town.

Grimsby were handed the perfect opportunity to take the lead when Luke Hendrie was bundled over by Daniel Powell in the penalty area but former City striker James Hanson's 28th-minute effort from the spot was saved by Dave Richards.

Swindon moved up to fourth in League Two following a well-deserved victory over Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road.

Keshi Anderson put the visitors ahead in the 23rd minute, an own goal from Orient left-back Joe Widdowson and Jerry Yates scored for Richie Wellens's side.

Jordan Maguire-Drew curled home from 20 yards for Orient.

Lewis Thomas' penalty save and substitute Jack Aitchison's goal earned Forest Green Rovers a 1-0 win at Cambridge United.

Cheltenham Town continued their fine home form with a 4-2 victory over winless Stevenage.

Danny Newton equalised twice for Stevenage to cancel out goals from Gavin Reilly and Sean Long.

But Ryan Broom's strike made it 3-2 10 minutes from the end and substitute Alex Addai rounded off the scoring in time added on.

Plymouth and Oldham both bounced back from League Two defeats to draw 2-2 at Home Park.

Oldham opened the scoring against the run of play following a 27th-minute counter-attack as Johan Branger fired an unstoppable low angled drive past the diving Alex Palmer from the left into the far corner.

Just two minutes earlier defender Niall Canavan had cleared Filipe Morais' looping header off the Argyle goal-line, with Palmer beaten.

Central defender Scott Wootton levelled with a close-range 31st-minute header, powering Josh Grant's headed cross into the roof of the Oldham net.

Argyle took the lead when wing-back Callum McFadzean's angled cross was swept home by fit-again striker Byron Moore on 74 minutes, but it was short-lived.

Oldham skipper and central defender David Wheater leapt to head the visitors level from Branger's 77th-minute corner.

A stunning strike from Bez Lubala rescued a point for Crawley in a 1-1 draw at Macclesfield, who scored via centre-back Theo Vassell.

Mansfield Town picked up their first home win of the League Two campaign after a 2-0 victory over rock-bottom Scunthorpe.

Colchester had a goalless draw with fourth-from-bottom Walsall.

Salford City missed two penalties in an incident-packed 2-2 draw with Morecambe at the Globe Arena.