Guiseley edged a close game at Nethermoor to bank a second win on the spin while neighbours Farsley Celtic suffered a second consecutive defeat as the clubs endured vastly differing fortunes in the Vanarama National North.

The Lions climbed one place to fourth spot thanks to a late strike from substitute Kaine Felix in a 1-0 win over Curzon Ashton. The Nash played their part as both teams showed plenty of attacking intent but struggled to carve out really clear openings.

Lee Shaw just failed to convert an early cross from Gabby Johnson, turning to shoot but placing it just wide. The visitors’ best chance in the goalless first half saw Rob Evans fire a shot from distance just over. They also had a late half-chance when a good cross was headed wide.

Curzon’s Sean Miller was lively and he troubled the home defence in the second half before the Lions snatched the three points five minutes from time.

A concerted attack saw the ball come back off the post and then the bar of the Nash goal before Felix, who had replaced Johnson just before the hour mark, pounced to rifle the ball past visiting keeper Cam Mason.

Guiseley joint manager Russ O’Neill said: “We’re delighted with the three points but we didn’t hit the heights of recent games.

“The changes were all positive, with the substitutes that came on affecting the game, but we know there’s work to be done. We’ve got leaders York City on Tuesday and we know that performance won’t trouble them so we need more.”

Two goals in quick succession from Jordan Hulme just after the hour mark took the game away from Farsley at Altrincham as the Celts lost 3-1.

The Robins had taken an early lead as Ashley Hemmings had beaten Farsley’s former Alty keeper Elliot Wynne with a super strike. The ball was played to him just two yards outside the area and he lashed a shot high into the corner.

The home side held that narrow lead at the break and they should have doubled their lead early in the second half. They didn’t because of the heroics of Wynne, the keeper saving Sean Williams’ 47th minute penalty.

The game looked to be over as a contest in the 67th minute after Hulme’s quickfire brace put the hosts in a strong position. He got free in the area to steer home his first and he lashed in his second after good work from Hemmings.

Celts manager Adam Lakeland made a triple substitution with a quarter of an hour remaining and one of the incomers was former Bantam Dave Syers. He pulled a goal back with just minutes to go when he did well to convert a Jordan Richards cross with a near post header.

It led to a late spell of pressure from the visitors but chances went begging.