GUISELEY bounced back from a 4-2 defeat at home to Alfreton with a 4-1 victory at Blyth Spartans.

The prolific Aaron Martin helped himself to another brace as the Lions claimed fifth spot in National League North.

A lovely low finish from Lee Shaw on 38 minutes gave them a 1-0 half-time lead.

And Guiseley were two up close to the hour-mark when good play between Aram Soleman and Brad Nicholson set up a corner, which saw Martin score his first.

The game looked over as a contest when Blyth put through their own net on 67 minutes, though Robert Dale raised home hopes with a goal back shortly after.

But the Lions made sure of the points when Nicholson was held in the box and Martin made no mistake.

FARSLEY Celtic were brought back down to earth as they were beaten 2-1 at home by in-form Kings Lynn Town in the same division.

Spirits were high at The Citadel following a 3-0 win at Gateshead two days earlier but the visitors were too hot in the soaring temperature.

Some clinical finishing from Alfie Payne and Michael Gash saw Kings Lynn 2-0 up at half-time, though Celts had their moments too.

Payne almost had a second but his shot was turned on to the bar by keeper Elliot Wynne.

But Farsley were back in the game when former Bantam David Syers was fouled in the box and Will Hayhurst equalised from the spot on 61 minutes. Jimmy Spencer went close but an equaliser eluded the hosts as Kings Lynn went second.

Brighouse Town took the spoils in a derby at Ossett United, triumphing 2-1 in their Bet Victor North West clash.

Finn Donovan set up Eddie Church to put Town ahead just before the break.

And Church grabbed his second on the hour-mark with a nice finish after a flick on from sub Carl Stewart.

Ossett pulled one back through Andy Monkhouse but Town held on to claim three points.

Steeton suffered their second defeat of the Bank Holiday weekend as they were hammered 5-2 at Shelley in the North West Counties League Division One North.

The hosts were 3-0 up inside 20 minutes through Craig Billington and an Alex Oyeleke brace and the Chevrons had a mountain to climb when James Grogan was dismissed for a late challenge just before the break.

Louis Andre headed home a fourth before Jaydon Major - signed on loan from Burnley's academy - pulled one back for Steeton. Tom White slotted in a fifth before Major bagged a second consolation.