THERE is a three-way West Country battle at the top of League Two with Plymouth Argyle, Swindon Town and Exeter City taking up the top places.

All three sides have a maximum six points from their opening two league games, with Ryan Lowe's Plymouth the division's pacesetters on goal difference.

Midfielder Antoni Sarcevic fired Argyle to the points against Colchester United with an 57th-minute strike.

Second-half goals from Jerry Yates, Zeki Fryers and Kaiyne Woolery maintained second-placed Swindon Town's winning start to the season with a 3-2 victory over 10-man Carlisle United at the County Ground.

Former Bradford City midfielder Nicky Law's 89th-minute winner earned third-placed Exeter City a 1-0 victory at Stevenage.

The League Two clash looked destined to end goalless before Law's stunning strike stole the spoils late on at the Lamex Stadium.

The Grecians are now one of only three teams to kick off the new League Two campaign with two wins from as many games, while second-from-bottom Stevenage are among three sides yet to pick up a point.

Grimsby Town are fourth following their draw with the Bantams, while Forest Green Rovers are one place below them on goal difference after a 1-1 draw at Walsall, who are sixth.

James Hardy scored a late equaliser on his English Football League debut to earn Walsall a 1-1 draw at home to Forest Green.

Hardy, a summer signing from AFC Fylde, hooked home from close range in the 86th minute as Rovers appealed in vain for offside after Josh Gordon's overhead kick came back off a post.

Forest Green took the lead against the run of play in first-half stoppage time as James Clarke's error in trying to shepherd a ball out and then hauling down Aaron Collins was punished by Joseph Mills' cool penalty.

Cheltenham Town occupy the final play-off place in the early table following a 4-1 home victory over bottom-placed Scunthorpe United.

Cheltenham fired three goals in five second half minutes to come from behind.

A misplaced pass from Charlie Raglan was cut out by Matthew Lund, who set up Lee Novak to put Scunthorpe ahead the 55th minute.

Ryan Broom scored from a well-placed shot in the 68th minute after Max Sheaf's pass.

Raglan then made up for his error by heading in Chris Clements' cross in the 72nd minute and substitute Alex Addai raced through to add the third a minute later.

Conor Thomas rounded off the scoring from the penalty spot in the fourth minute of added time after Jordan Clarke tripped Addai in the box.

Macclesfield claimed a 3-0 win at home to Leyton Orient as three new signings announced their arrival in style.

On their home debuts, Theo Archibald struck a beauty to put the hosts ahead on the half hour mark, Paddy Osadebe added the second midway through the second half before Theo Vassell sealed victory with a late goal.

Crawley Town clinched their first win of the season with a goal in each half by Bez Lubala and Nathan Ferguson sinking Salford City at the Broadfield Stadium.

Former Oldham favourite Chris Porter scored a brace against his old club as Crewe bounced back for their first win of the season with a 2-1 comeback victory at Boundary Park.

For the second game in succession Mansfield Town had to come back from two goals down for a 2-2 draw, this time at home to Morecambe.

Port Vale and Northampton were left waiting for their first League Two win of the season after playing out a 1-1 draw at Vale Park. It was a stalemate between Cambridge United and Newport County.