HISTORY was made in the Emirates FA Cup as Campion played their first-ever tie in the competition, but Liversedge were the big winners, while they will be joined in the next round by Eccleshill United who triumphed with 10 men.

The Eagles played almost the entire extra-preliminary round tie at home against Bootle a man down after Jonny Irvine was shown a straight red card in the fourth minute.

Despite that setback Lee Elam’s side took an eighth-minute lead through Antony Brown and they held that slender advantage to the break.

Their Merseyside visitors equalised minutes after the interval when Lee Hughes lashed a volley into the top corner.

But the Eagles came back 10 minutes later when Irvine bagged his brace, tapping in a rebound after a shot had been parried. Bootle had the 10 men under pressure for long spells but couldn’t force an equaliser.

Campion made their bow in a tough tie as they were away at a side two steps higher on the football pyramid.

The Red & Blacks headed to Bet Victor North West Division outfit City of Liverpool, nicknamed the Purps because of their distinctive purple home kit.

The Purps are league rivals of Campion’s near neighbours Brighouse Town and they made their higher ranking count in the second half.

The home side were a goal down at half time after Andy McCreadie had headed Campion into a 24th-minute lead.

City of Liverpool eventually beat visiting keeper Dec Lambton when a low free-kick from John McGrath zipped into the corner.

Campion still created chances but from one of them the Purps broke away and Karl Clair put them in front and after a scramble in the area. Tom Peterson made it 3-1 nine minutes from time.

Silsden could yet join the Eagles and 'Sedge in the next round after a last-minute penalty saw them come back to earn a 2-2 draw at former league rivals Northwich Victoria.

The Cobbydalers had taken the lead at Wincham Park, through a cheeky back heel from Aidan Kirby, but they were pegged back within minutes by a Matt Clarke header.

Just before the hour mark Clarke bagged his brace with a second header but after a handball in the Vics’ area, two minutes into injury time, Kirby remained cool to also net a double.

Sedge cruised to a 5-1 win at home against Abbey Hey. Joe Kenny broke the deadlock early and that was the score at half time.

After the break there was a brace apiece for Joe Walton and Michael Bottomley before Dylan Kirkman netted a last minute consolation.

Thackley ended with nine men as they lost 4-1 at home to Toolstation Northern Counties East Premier Division rivals Handsworth in an all-action tie.

The visitors took the lead before Dennyboys’ keeper Luke Wilson got a straight red card after rushing out and colliding with an attacker.

The home side were level at half time after Jerry White had scored just before the break.

Handsworth stretched their lead to 3-1 before Thackley substitute Matty Hall was also shown a red card, with seven minutes remaining, and the visitors added a fourth. Leon Howarth netted a hat-trick and Marley Grant was also on target.

Albion Sports lost 2-0 at Ashington, the north east hosts scored in each half with skipper Curtis Coppen and Mark Ross getting their goals.