GUISELEY’S 100 per cent start to the Vanarama National League North season and Farsley Celtic’s unbeaten opening after gaining promotion back to the sixth tier were blown apart on a windy Saturday.

Both of the local clubs suffered defeats away from home in their third games of the new season.

Guiseley had enjoyed two wins and had not conceded before their trip to Southport where they slumped to a 3-0 defeat.

One of their former players haunted them as Raul Correia claimed an assist and a goal against his old side. The striker seized possession as the Lions’ defence failed to clear in the first minute and he laid the ball to Jack Sampson to net the Sandgrounder’s first goal of the season.

The early opener had the visitors reeling and the lead was doubled before the midway point of the first half.

An excellent ball in from Kieran Glynn picked out Correia and he slotted past Lions’ on loan Bantams keeper George Sykes-Kenworthy.

Soon after there was another blow for Guiseley as Jamie Spencer picked up a 19th-minute yellow card, it was significant as he picked up a second booking midway through the second half and was sent off.

Southport were already 3-0 up by then after Glynn had added to Port’s tally early in the second period. Glynn was unmarked as Ryan Astles picked him out and he cut inside before slotting in.

The Celts were beaten 2-1 by Chester at Deva Stadium following a goalless first half in which their hosts were twice denied by the woodwork.

Chester’s Danny Livesey headed against Elliott Wynne’s bar after a good cross from the Blues’ skipper Gary Roberts and then saw a later header, to a Joel Taylor corner, hit the post.

Two goals in the opening 18 minutes of the second period turned the game in favour of the home side after George Waring and Brad Jackson combined.

Waring showed great control in the area two minutes after the interval and Jackson opened the scoring and the latter played a ball to the far post just after the hour mark for Waring to slot home.

Farsley had a strong penalty appeal waved away but four minutes later the referee did point to the spot after Celts’ substitute Paul Walker had been hacked down. Will Hayhurst netted the resulting penalty.

Wynne made two fine saves in the latter stages as the Blues kept the pressure on their visitors.