CAMPION remain three points clear at the summit of Northern Counties East League Division One after romping to a 6-1 victory over Parkgate in their final home game of the season.

Jason Davis got the ball rolling with a low shot to break the deadlock in the eighth minute. He added a second midway through the first half with a back-post header

And, while Leon Hurles-Brook had provided both chances, the roles were reversed when a Davis cross dropped to Hurles-Brook’s feet and he added Campion’s third.

The second half started in similar fashion when Marcus Day netted an early goal, but the visitors ensured that the Red and Blacks didn’t have a clean sheet to go with their three points.

Midway through the second period Parkgate forward Brandon Bagley made it 4-1, giving home keeper Dec Lambton no chance. But Campion substitute Omar Habeeb, who had replaced Day, weighed in with a late brace.

With two away games left, James Bicknell’s men have a three-point advantage over second-placed Grimsby Borough who kept the pressure on with a 4-0 home win.

Third-placed Hallam maintained an interest in the title with 2-0 home win – the Sheffield club trail Campion by six points.

In the Premier Division, a 2-2 draw away at Maltby Main lifted Eccleshill United back into the top half of the table.

Maltby hit the post in the third minute and opened the scoring midway through the first half, Joe Lumley with a superb shot from distance that clipped the inside of Harry Stead’s post.

The Eagles grabbed an equaliser. As the hosts were looking to go into the break in front, a well worked move ended with a ball to Chris Lever and he lashed a volley into the bottom corner.

Stead made an excellent save early in the second half and a minute later the Eagles were in the lead. Khurram Shazad burst through with a strong run and his lay-off found Antony Brown who netted from an acute angle.

There were chances for both sides in a decent game on a beautiful day, and it was perhaps fitting that the honours were even as the home side snatched a late equaliser – Clarke Greaves levelling in the penultimate minute.

Liversedge slumped to a 4-0 defeat at Barton Town after playing almost the full game with ten men.

Sedge skipper Tom Jackson was shown a straight red card following an incident off the ball in the ninth minute. Six minutes later the Swans took the lead when Tom Waudby climbed highest to meet a corner kick.

Jack Binns added the home side’s second just before the half hour mark, but the ten men of Sedge had good chances either side of the half-time interval.

The home side put the gloss on their win with two late goals however, with Alex Knaggs and Gareth Barlow netting in the final ten minutes.