BRADFORD City have been relegated to Sky Bet League Two for the first time since 2013.

A 2-0 defeat at Coventry confirmed their fate and stretched the Bantams' losing run to seven matches - their worst run since 2002.

Jordy Hiwula struck in the ninth minute before Bradford were reduced to 10 men on the stroke of half-time as Nathaniel Knight-Percival was shown a second yellow card.

Bradford stayed in the game until Bright Enobakhare doubled the lead two minutes from time to keep Coventry's slim play-off hopes alive.

Barnsley cut the gap on Luton to two points at the top of the table with a 2-1 win against Shrewsbury.

Alex Mowatt's superb curling strike from distance fired the Tykes into the lead after 23 minutes, but Shrewsbury fired back after 38 minutes as Tyrese Campbell found the target from the edge of the area.

Jacob Brown struck after the break to secure the three points for Daniel Stendel's side.

Portsmouth kept up their pursuit of the automatic promotion places as Matt Clarke's added-time strike snatched a sixth-straight win with a 2-1 victory at Burton.

Ben Close, who signed a new contract this week, gave Portsmouth the lead at the break, but Burton hit back straight after half-time as Liam Boyce levelled the scores.

But Clarke found the bottom corner from the centre of the area to keep Portsmouth within two points of Barnsley.

Oxford ended Charlton's 11-game unbeaten run to deal Lee Bowyer's side's automatic promotion hopes a major blow with a 2-1 win at the Kassam Stadium.

Charlton started brilliantly in pursuit of a fifth-straight win as Lyle Taylor scored from the penalty spot after five minutes, before Curtis Nelson and Luke Garbutt struck in the 18th and 23rd minutes to turn the game around.

Both sides finished with 10 men as Oxford keeper Simon Eastwood and Charlton defender Chris Solly were sent off in the second half.

Walsall snatched an added-time 1-1 draw against relegation rivals Southend.

Aramide Oteh's penalty in the fourth minute of added time means that both sides remain in the relegation zone, as John White was also sent off for Southend. Simon Cox's 43rd-minute effort had given the visitors the lead.

Bristol Rovers came from behind to claim a 1-1 draw at AFC Wimbledon.

Joe Pigott opened the scoring for the hosts, who remain in the drop zone, picking out the top corner from the edge of the area.

But a superb 30-yard strike from Ollie Clarke 12 minutes from time snatched a point for Rovers, which keeps them five points clear of the bottom four.

Ian Henderson bundled in a crucial winner for Rochdale against Wycombe in their relegation fight as Brian Barry-Murphy's side clawed their way out of the relegation zone with a 1-0 victory.

Ash Hunter dashed Peterborough's play-off hopes as he grabbed an added-time equaliser for Fleetwood.

Marcus Maddison, who missed a first-half penalty, gave Posh the lead before Hunter's late strike secured a 1-1 draw.

Scunthorpe remain just a point clear of the relegation zone after drawing 0-0 at home to Blackpool, while Gillingham eased their relegation fears with a 3-1 win over Plymouth.

Freddie Ladapo's 25th-minute strike gave Plymouth the lead but two goals in two minutes from Regan Charles-Cook and Mark Byrne turned things around in the second half - with Brandon Hanlan putting the seal on the win.