BRADFORD City Women’s winless season continued as they fell to a 5-0 home defeat to Fylde Ladies.

The last time these two sides met resulted in a 9-0 win for Fylde back in November, but only six of the City squad that day are still with the club after numerous reshuffles and departures.

City's well-marshalled defence looked strong and organised against a Fylde attack with a clear plan to use their wingers to break through. The visitors had an early chance after only two minutes, but the speculative shot ended in the trees behind the Eccleshill United ground.

After six minutes pacey winger Ellen Kennedy made an excellent run down the right. Falone Sumaili laid her cross back to Jen Clark, whose shot from the edge of the box was gathered by Fylde keeper Jackson.

On 39 minutes a through ball found visitors’ forward Stevens who raced through one-on-one but City keeper Aimee Routledge held on to the attempted chip.

But with less than five minutes to go to the break, City’s defence switched off and Fuller headed home from an inswinging corner that found her unmarked at the far post.

Fylde started the second half strongly, as the wind picked up and the rain began to fall. And just two minutes after the break City were the victim of the type of luck that seems to follow the struggling sides.

A loose ball bobbled in the City area, and as Kennedy looked to clear, it bounced up and hit her arm. Even though her arm was firmly by her side, the referee blew for a penalty which Fylde skipper Danielle Young finished emphatically.

Fylde grabbed a third with another close-range header after 52 minutes, as City visibly tired while Fylde grew in confidence.

Coach Steve Winterburn looked to bring on fresh legs in the centre of midfield, first bringing on Louise Willoughby to replace the injured Kate Donnan, then Paris Durrant took over from Charlotte Sales on the hour.

With 19 minutes remaining the visitors looked to attack down the flanks again. A low cross hit Zoe Roberts and Kelsh made the most of the kind bounce to slot home.

Roberts then went into the referee’s book following a combined crunching tackle with Harriet Jakeman on Sasha Rowe in the centre of midfield. Jakeman was fortunate to avoid punishment, and remains one caution away from suspension.

With just 10 minutes to go the tireless Stephens finally got her goal as she was played through and finished past Routledge.

Bradford now have another two-week break, before the visit of league champions Blackburn Rovers on May 1.

City: Routledge, Walker, Parrish, Roberts, Edwards, Clark, Donnan (Willoughby, 52), Sales (Durrant, 61), Kennedy, Jakeman, Sumaili.