FOUR goals in the final 20 minutes saw Thackley grab the bragging rights over Eccleshill United as they fought from two behind to win 4-2 in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

It had been a near perfect performance from Sean Regan's men for 70 minutes, with the Eagles seemingly in cruise control towards the three points, but Thackley had other plans and left Eccleshill United stunned.

The Eagles had taken the lead through Adam Shaw in the 38th minute, with the Eccleshill striker's goal being a reward for the dominance in possession throughout the first-half.

A brilliant piece of play from Joshua Grant saw the left-back take on two men down the wing before crossing to the near post where Shaw's header hit the post and went across the line.

Eccleshill should have doubled their lead moments after Shaw's opener when Luke Harrop picked out the striker in the middle of the box with an excellent cross, only for his strike to be blocked. However, with the ball falling in the penalty area, it seemed like former Thackley man Matt Mathers was going to strike until some last-ditch defending put a stop it.

It didn't take long for United to double their lead with Khurram Shazad finishing off an excellent passing move. Matt Stor was able to pick up the ball, playing in Shazad inside the box, who smartly took his chance with a thunderbolt into the top corner.

The Dennyboys slowly began to grow into the game, giving two major warnings to the Eagles with crosses from out wide. Both balls in had found Thackley men free in the box with two clear chances going begging as both headers were put wide.

Thackley pressure persisted and, after a clumsy challenge inside the box, they were awarded a 75th-minute penalty which Jack Normanton converted.

From there on out it was all Thackley as the hosts threw men forward, working the ball out from the back in an attempt to draw level, and it was through a corner that they managed to do just that.

A good delivery was well met at the near post and despite Harry Stead's best efforts, the ball found its way into the top corner through Luke Robinson with eight minutes left and the momentum firmly shifted into the host's favour.

With five minute stoppage time, both sides were working tirelessly to get a third, but it was Thackley who were in complete control and a curling effort from Robinson outside the box nestled into the top corner to send the hosts in front for the first time.

The Dennyboys finished the game when a strike was well saved by Stead, but parried into the feet of Normanton, inside the box for a simple tap-in in the 95th minute.