ALBION Sports came out on top, winning 5-3, after Handsworth Parramore had made a comeback from a three-goal deficit as eight goals rained in, in an entertaining Northern Counties East Premier Division clash at Sandy Lane.

The Albion Lions raced to a 3-0 lead as Alhassane Keita broke the deadlock in the seventh minute and added a second just three minutes later after a shot was parried by the home keeper.

The Lions’ skipper Sam Denton converted a 16th-minute corner with a header, but the Amber Parras were only one goal behind by the interval. Josh Nodder netted the home side’s first and Waide Fairhurst added a second midway through the half.

Handsworth’s substitute Leon Howarth hit their equaliser in the 67th minute but the Lions roared back.

When the home keeper parried a shot midway through the second half there was a foul in the area in the ensuing scramble and Asif Hussain slotted in the resulting penalty.

The gloss was put on the win in the last minute when Keita wrapped up the scoring by claiming his hat-trick.

Albion manager Kulwinder Sandhu said: “We played well, as we had done against leaders Penistone in our last game when we were beaten 1-0 in the last minute.

“We haven’t had much luck recently and I’ve got a lot of new players which takes time to get them all playing together and knowing each other’s game. But this is a good result against a good side so it’s a great day for Albion.

“To be three goals up after 20 minutes was a reward for how well we had started the game. They (the home side) got it back to 3-3 but we showed resilience and Asif put us back in front with the penalty and Keita scored to make sure of the win right at the end.”

All of the other local clubs in the league were frustrated by a second postponement on the trot as the previous weekend’s deep frost was replaced by the wet weather Storm Erik blew in.

All four of them should have been at home but Eccleshill United were denied a chance to host Maltby Main, Liversedge’s game against Hall Road Rangers and Thackley’s derby against Leeds based Yorkshire Amateur were all washed out.

The postponement of Campion’s home game against Shirebrook Town cost them the leadership of Division One as they now trail Grimsby Borough by goal difference, James Bicknell’s men do now have two games in hand on the new leaders.