SILSDEN hauled themselves back into the top half of the Premier Division table in the Hallmark Security League Premier Division with a 2-0 win at Litherland REMYCA.

The Cobbydalers got off to a great start, as Dan Illingworth profited when a 19th-minute free-kick wasn’t dealt with by the home defence.

Danny Forrest’s men had two great opportunities within minutes of Illingworth opening the scoring, but failed to convert them. It almost cost them as the hosts had a strike ruled out, a header came back off Callum Jakovlevs post but the rebound was slotted in from an offside position.

Just before half time Jakovlevs parried a shot from a corner, from which an effort went over the target. The Cobbydalers launched a counterattack from the goal kick and Laurence Sorhaindo beat home keeper Ben Morrow to double Silsden’s lead.

There was a quiet opening to the start of the second half but late on there were chances at both ends.

Forrest’s men went closest to adding another when a 83rd-minute effort hit the post and Morrow scrambled to clear the danger.

Silsden are back up to ninth while REMYCA remain in 14th place, seven points behind the Cobbydalers.

Meanwhile, Steeton shared the spoils from their West Yorkshire derby in Division One North at Huddersfield-based outfit Shelley.

The home side had created the majority of the early chances, but it was the Chevrons who broke the deadlock. Toby Jeffrey’s cross on the half hour mark was headed past Shelley keeper Paul Day.

Steeton’s lead didn’t last long as Shelley hit back less than four minutes later. It was a similar goal as Chevrons’ keeper Alfie Stevens-Neale was beaten by a firm header from home striker Craig Billington.

The 1-1 draw was better for Roy Mason’s side as they remain in 11th place with two games in hand on Shelley, who are still five points better off but they dropped one place to ninth.

Meanwhile, Albion Sports grabbed a late 2-1 home win over Hall Road in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

Sam Denton gave Albion the lead in the 32nd minute, then Hall Road Rangers equalised through Charlie Pickering in the 52nd minute.

But Albion had enough to secure the points, as Chris Fairhurst strike in injury time.

The dramatic late victory puts Albion to 15th in the table, with 20 points from their first 20 games.