BRADFORD (Park Avenue) increased their lead at the summit of the Vanarama National League North to three points with a hard-earned 2-0 victory away at AFC Telford United.

They downed their third-placed hosts with a disciplined and professional display, and extended their lead over Chorley, who were held to a 1-1 home draw by Boston United.

Mark Bower’s men suffered a setback at the New Bucks Head before kick off though. Shane Killock was on the team sheet as captain but he picked up an injury in the warm-up.

Hasty changes were made, with Mark Ross elevated to the starting line-up and the armband handed to striker Oli Johnson.

Telford forced a couple of early chances but Daniel Udoh’s low shot on the turn was easily gathered by Bradford keeper Steve Drench and Darryl Knights fired over from a neat corner kick routine.

The visitors’ first attempt came from Johnson but his ball into the goalmouth was hacked clear by Ross White.

Knights then floated in a cross that Ellis Deeney headed towards goal but Drench was alert and made a good save low by his near post.

Avenue’s Adam Nowakowski timed his run well to meet a low corner in the 20th minute but his clip towards goal only found the side netting.

Bradford continued to press and a through ball by Nicky Clee picked out Nicky Wroe but his shot was deflected for a corner by Telford skipper Shane Sutton.

It was an end to end first half and Drench soon found himself at full stretch as he parried away a free kick, awarded when Luca Havern fouled Udoh.

Udoh out muscled Havern soon after and fed Henry Cowans but his cross was headed wide by Deeney.

Home keeper Andy Wycherley easily held a long range shot from Lewis Knight and a Jake Beesley header from a Wroe corner.

That was either side of a Telford corner that led to a blocked volley from Knights, as the first half ended goalless.

Udoh and Drench collided early in the second half and with both of them down, Knights fired the loose ball over the target, with the Avenue defence incensed at not winning a free kick.

Bradford broke the deadlock minutes later following a good counter attack. Beesley raced through and shot and when Wycherley could only parry, Knight took a touch and netted from close range.

Drench made two fine saves to deny Telford substitute Ryan Barnett and it was Avenue who had the final say.

With the hosts pushing for an equaliser in the third minute of stoppage time, Beesley laid the ball to substitute Jamie Spencer and he slotted in to clinch the win.