BRADFORD (Park Avenue) missed the chance to move up a place in the West Riding County Women's Premier Division after suffering a 6-2 mauling at the hands of Wetherby Athletic.

Nat Bell opened the scoring for Bradford, but Wetherby Athletic soon raced into a 4-1 lead. Millie West fired in a second

half strike, but after several chances were missed, the game went Wetherby's way at 6-2.

Brighouse Athletic are joint fourth after goals from Tiegan Rowley, Sarah Hemingway, Mel Griffiths and Sharon Bates saw them east past Silsden 4-0.

Silsden, despite having only 10 players, put in a good defensive performance, and Laura Thurling made several good saves.

Meanwhile, in Division One, Thackley thumped rock-bottom Skipton Ladies 7-0 but they initially found it difficult to overcome Skipton’s five-woman defensive unit.

However, Thackley did break the deadlock via a throw-in, which was lobbed first time over the keeper from 35 yards by skipper Kath Connell.

Soon after, the Dennygirls doubled their lead through Meg Butterworth, who dribbled through six players to coolly convert the ball into the bottom corner.

On the 30 minute mark, Amy Wroot notched up her first Thackley goal to make it 3-0. Shortly after half time, Wroot bagged her brace with a long range volley, which flew over the keeper and into the top corner.

Thackley made it 5-0 through vice-captain Nessy Holroyd, who was watched on Remembrance Sunday by her most ardent supporter, her 95-year-old grandfather Ernest, who was in the Royal Engineers.

Shortly after Holroyd's goal, the fantastic Wroot scored her hat-trick to make it 6-0. However, it was her fourth and final goal that was the pick of the day.

She delightfully chipped the keeper to make it 7-0 to the Dennygirls, perhaps a slightly harsh final scoreline for a plucky Skipton outfit.

Thackley's next game is away to Premier League side and rivals Bradford City Women in the County Cup.

Elsewhere in Division One, Lindsay Henrey was on target for Tyersal in their 1-1 draw with Leeds City.

Division Two's clash of the leaders saw Farsley Celtic Juniors take over top spot from Ossett United Reserves, after a stunning 9-0 win, in which Katie Platts scored four.

A Leane Farrell brace helped Farsley Celtic Juniors Reserves stay third, as they won 5-0 at Durkar Devils.

Finally, a late Hannah Campbell strike saw Leeds United go through 1-0 to Round Two of the FA Cup at the expense of Brighouse Town.