FARSLEY Celtic were struggling to break through in a tight contest at home to Lancaster City in the Evo-Stik Premier Division last night, but a fast and furious start from substitute Paul Walker set them on their way to a 2-0 win.

He came on for George Hornshaw just after the hour mark and scored with virtually his first touch, volleying home after a long throw was only half-cleared by the Lancaster defence.

The Celts added a second just a minute later, when defender Jack Higgins converted from a corner. The hosts came under some pressure before ending the game strongly, with the win moving them up to ninth.

Albion Sports pulled off a shock result in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division at Yorkshire Amateur.

The home side were second before kick off, while Albion were in the relegation zone. Amateur's prolific forward Ash Flynn netted a hat-trick, but his goals proved fruitless as the visitors recorded a stunning 5-4 victory.

That win took them above Thackley, who slipped to a heartbreaking 1-0 home defeat to new leaders Knaresborough Town, with Daniel Thirkell grabbing the only goal in the final minute.

Elsewhere, Liversedge fought hard to earn a point at home to high-flying Handsworth Parramore, with the match ending 0-0.

Silsden have re-signed free-scoring Joe Gaughan from Colne FC but he was unavailable for last night's home clash against promotion rivals City of Liverpool in the Hallmark Security League Premier Division.

That proved costly as they wasted numerous chances in a 1-1 draw. Niall Sultan hit the post, but they went ahead after 32 minutes when Mark Everingham cut inside and fed Kyle Hancock to score.

After heroic defending from Arley Barnes and Dan Illingworth kept Silsden in front at the break, Lee Spires somehow failed to double the Cobbydalers' lead when his shot from five yards out was saved.

That miss proved crucial as Tom Peterson equalised for Liverpool moments later. Silsden had a brilliant chance to win the game with 10 minutes left, but Aidan Kirby blazed his penalty over.

Silsden therefore remain in second place, four points behind Liverpool at the summit.