BRADFORD (Park Avenue) clinched the Donald Bell Trophy with a 15-0 home win over the Yorkshire Regiment in energy-sapping heat.

Avenue boss Mark Bower once again assessed a number of trialists, as well as giving valuable game time to a string of first-team players.

Ten changes were made at half-time, with goalkeeper Steven Drench being the only player to complete 90 minutes.

The scoring was opened after just three minutes in bizarre fashion.

Two trialists rattled the woodwork in the space of ten seconds before the ball cannoned in off a third trialist.

With Ben McKenna looking lively, Avenue soon had a second as keeper Brandon Greaves palmed an Adam Nowakowski header into the path of Luca Havern, who hammered the ball home.

Two trialists then combined to make it 3-0, and the fourth goal was the most impressive of all as Nicky Wroe split the Regiment defence with an excellent pass that was latched on to by McKenna, who maintained his composure before chipping over the goalkeeper.

Wroe added a fifth on the stroke of half-time, demonstrating exceptional technique to fire past Greaves on the half-volley after a Ryan Toulson cross was only cleared to the edge of the 18-yard box.

With fresh legs, Avenue were even more ruthless in the second half, with a trialist making it 6-0 barely a minute after the restart.

Horsfall College of Sport scholar Bradley Oliver then got in on the act, rifling the ball into the roof of the net, and five minutes later Oli Johnson made it eight, latching on to a perfectly-weighted pass from Jamie Spencer.

There was barely a minute before the ninth goal as a trialist poked home after a brief scramble in the box.

The plucky visitors almost pulled one back in the 58th minute, with James Kenworthy, who dispossessed Shane Killock, being thwarted by a vital block from Lewis Johnson.

The rampant hosts hit double figures on the hour when a trialist ran beyond the Regiment's backline after a superb through ball from Danny Boshell before rounding the goalkeeper and passing into an open net.

Johnson then teed up a trialist for number 11 before leaving the pitch as Avenue played with ten men for the remaining 25 minutes.

Being a man short didn't make any difference, however, as trialists scored three of the final four goals, with Killock bundling home the 15th and final goal.