KEIGHLEY Cougars returned to winning ways in League One as they eased past the West Wales Raiders 94-0 at Cougar Park.

Despite an hour delay to kick off, the hosts wasted no time in opening the scoring through Adam Ryder after just two minutes.

Dan Parker was the next to get over the line with the utility man handing off a would-be tackler to get to the line.

Keighley were on the front foot and Ritchie Hawkyard extended the lead further, breaking a tackle to get himself over.

And the Cougars would take a comfortable lead into the half-time interval with Perry Whiteley finding time to score a brace of tries.

The first saw the centre take advantage of the overlap from a superb Cameron Leeming offload with the same combination linking up moments later to put Whiteley over for his second.

The second half saw the onslaught truly take hold with the Cougars scoring six tries in 17 minutes.

Hawkyard sealed his hat-trick with a quick fire brace, touching down a Parker grubber before carrying three Raiders defenders with him to the line.

From the restart, Ryder broke down the left wing and marauded his way over for a second.

Ryder broke once more from the kick-off, this time putting a try on a plate for Andy Gabriel on the wing.

The Cougars centre was beginning to shine and sealed his own hat-trick, easing his way over after the West Wales defence showed very little interest in his efforts.

Hawkyard wasn’t in the mood to share the spotlight and from a Parker break just over half way, the full-back raced underneath the uprights for his fourth of a productive afternoon’s work.

Gabriel then scored two tries in as many minutes to join Ryder and Hawkyard on the hat-trick mark.

Darrell Griffin then broke but made the decision to act unselfishly to put Parker over for his second.

Griffin turned from provider to scorer as the onslaught continued, turning his way through the tackle to get the ball down.

Whiteley then hit the hat-trick milestone with the afternoon’s final score.