Guiseley 3, Chester FC 3

GUISELEY twice took the lead but had to settle for a point from a Vanarama National League relegation six-pointer that came to life in the final 15 minutes.

The visitors were leading with time running out after former Bradford City striker Ross Hannah had broken the deadlock just before the interval.

The Lions drew level through Emile Sinclair and then edged in front on two occasions courtesy of Will Hatfield and Sinclair's second but were pegged back both times.

Both clubs remain just outside the drop zone following the breathless stalemate after only two of the six clubs below Guiseley won and they were too far adrift to leapfrog either the Lions or Chester.

Distraught Guiseley boss Mark Bower said: "It's difficult to put into words but I feel that we've completely let them out of jail. We've won that game twice really and ended with one point.

"The goals we've given away are from balls just lobbed into our box that we've not defended properly. We had some really good chances in the first half and if we could have got in front then, against the conditions, then it could have been a completely different game.

"With the wind in our favour in the second half, we have created chances and scored three goals – but it hasn't been enough and that epitomises our season.

"We've had to score great goals to come from behind and then we've given poor goals away – and at that stage of the game, with plenty of bodies to defend it.

"We've spoken about ruthlessness in both boxes and we've shown it in theirs in this game but not in ours. We have just got to cut out these silly mistakes."

Hannah opened the scoring when he took a through-ball and slotted past Lions keeper Steve Drench with a little over five minutes of the first half remaining.

Guiseley eventually levelled through on loan York City striker Sinclair, who headed home a 75th-minute corner.

Hatfield then slid in to convert a James Hurst cross but Chester substitute Kane Richards made it 2-2 with his first touch.

With time running out, Sinclair netted from close range – but Tom Shaw then forced home Chester's stoppage-time equaliser.