JAMES Hanson can see a budding strike partnership forming with Devante Cole but joked: I'll have to work on his heading.

Hanson notched his third goal of the season as City made it four games unbeaten with a 1-1 draw at Fleetwood on Saturday.

Cole nearly scored for the third week running but blew a close-range header and then hit the inside of the post.

Hanson said: "Devante's sharp and you can tell he's a good finisher. He's similar to Nahki (Wells) like that.

"You only have to give him half a yard like he did from Billy Knott's pass again. He was unlucky to hit the post.

"But I might have to teach him how to head the ball a bit. When I'm doing the heading on the training ground, he tends to do the finishing side.

"If he takes five or ten minutes a day on his heading, then that one – and probably the one he missed against Port Vale as well – would have gone in.

"But he's got great potential and I'm looking forward to working with him more. You've seen glimpses of it and the more we work on it in training, the more promising it will be."

Hanson's first-half equaliser spared the blushes of keeper Ben Williams after his howler from a free-kick gifted Fleetwood an early lead.

City pushed to claim a third straight win but were unable to find a second goal on a ground where they have never lost.

Hanson said: "We took a little while to get going. Maybe it was because last week we played against ten men and had more time on the ball. This time it was more in your face and you couldn't have more than two touches at first.

"But after the start, we posed a good threat going forward and had a lot of chances to win the game.

"It was good to get back on it (scoring). Three goals in eight is not a bad record, even though I don't feel I've performed to my standards yet this season.

"I've been in Bradford sides where I've not had a chance for five or six games. Now we're getting them every week.

"Devante could have had two, I could have had two. On another day, we could have had a brace each.

"It's just up to us strikers to put the ball in the net because we should have come away with three points."

Steve Davies, who replaced Cole late on, thought he had won it in stoppage time when he turned in Lee Evans' free-kick but the substitute was flagged offside.

Video footage suggested the assistant referee got the call right but Hanson was not so sure.

He said: "I was in similar line to Davies. We both started behind the defence but they dropped massively as Lee Evans was running up.

"The defence was behind me and I don't think Davies was offside at all when he touched it. But a few decisions went against us and the linesman gave the call – it might have been different at Valley Parade.

"He probably didn't need to touch it anyway. It was a great free-kick and would have probably had the keeper scrambling."