Having home advantage is the only comfort for Bradford Park Avenue as they go into tomorrow's FA Trophy tie with Nuneaton Borough, a side who are two divisions higher up the ladder.

The Conference North outfit will be huge favourites, even though the venue is Horsfall Stadium, but Avenue boss Phil Sharpe knows his players are looking forward to upsetting the bookmakers.

"I feel it is a game we can win, to be honest - certainly one we can compete in - and Nuneaton Borough will know they have been in a contest," said Sharpe.

"We are playing a quality team. They are very good at home but have an average record away from home - a bit like us really - so our best chance to win the tie will be on the day.

"The lads are all up for it and we will give it a good go. This is their last chance of cup glory this season. Our main aim is promotion back to the UniBond Premier but that is more of a slow-burner at the side of the excitement of a cup run.

"Every game we win in the FA Trophy is a big achievement and we don't want the feeling to stop tomorrow. It is a rest from the league, there is prize-money on offer that will be very welcome at the club and there is the glory factor. All things considered, it is a massive game for us."

Recent signing Tony Lennon is cup-tied but Jamie Longley has served his three-match suspension and also had a run-out in Monday's defeat at home to North Ferriby United in the League Challenge Cup.

That loss was hardly a surprise; Avenue put a weakened side out to protect players from injury ahead of tomorrow. Ferriby, out of the Trophy after losing to Avenue in a replay at Horsfall, put their strongest side out as they searched for cup success.

It was a move that proved what a gamble it was as United finished the game with nine-and-a-half men due to injury.

Leon Wainman was forced off after the visitors had already used their three substitutes and hit-man Gary Bradshaw was a passenger for the last five minutes as he hovered around the touchline close to the dressing rooms urging the final whistle to come.

Sharpe said: "That was ridiculous to me. I don't know what the rules are but common sense should take over.

"The officials could see that two of their men were really struggling, not feigning injury in the slightest, and still played almost three minutes of stoppage time. The tie was over as we were 4-1 down and obviously not going to get back into the game.

"Why didn't the referee just blow up right on the 90? I don't think anyone in the ground would have had an issue with it. I hope the two lads from Ferriby didn't suffer any long-term damage because of it."