POLICE were today resuming the search for the body of Tyron Charles after a 28-year-old man made his first appearance in court charged with his murder.

Mr Charles, 29, was last seen earlier this month.

James Sutcliffe, 28, appeared before Bradford and Keighley Magistrates’ Court yesterday to face the murder allegation.

Sutcliffe, of Hillcrest Road, Denholme, was remanded in custody and was due to appear at Bradford Crown Court today for his next hearing.

He appeared in the dock wearing a grey jumper and a tracksuit top.

No plea was entered and there was no application for bail.

Members of Mr Charles’s family were in court, with some in tears.

A 60-year-old man arrested on Monday on suspicion of murder has since been released from police custody without charge, said a West Yorkshire Police spokesman.

Mr Charles was last seen in Denholme on September 6.

As part of the police investigation, extensive searches have been carried out at the outdoor activity centre at Doe Park, Denholme, and a nearby allotment.

A large cordon was put in place over the weekend at the centre and police divers have been scouring the large lake at the sailing centre.

On Tuesday night, a police forensics team could be seen at work at a rented house in Unity Street South, Bingley, where Mr Charles had lived.

Neighbours spoke of their shock at the sequence of events.

One man, who did not want to be named, said he regularly spoke to Mr Charles when they met in the street.

“He seemed a pleasant sort of a man; perfectly normal,” he said.

“I didn’t know him well, just in passing. He always seemed to be driving nice cars. One was an Audi TT.

“The first I knew about it was when his father knocked on the door asking if we had seen Tyron and that he had been missing since Wednesday the 6th.

“I understand he worked at a pub in Denholme and had not been seen since 9pm that night.

“There were aways a lot of people coming and going from the house and there was always a strong smell of weed coming from the back garden.”

Another neighbour, who also did not want to be named, said: “There were so many people of all ages going to the house that it was difficult to make out who lived there,” she said.

“It is usually quiet around here. This has shaken everyone.”