Silsden 4 St Helens Town 2 - Clinical finishing by Holmes and Longley added to Rhodes' early spot kick gave the Cobbydalers a comprehensive victory against sixth place St. Helens.

With 21 goals from their last five matches Geary seems to have finally solved his goal scoring problem. With twelve conceded in the same period the fans have enjoyed a feast of football.

Geary, unlike the majority of managers is quite happy to push men forward in search of more goals rather than settle for a low scoring victory. With another season in division one virtually assured the spectators can look forward to an entertaining two months.

The introduction of Holmes to partner Longley up front has enabled Gill to have more influence on the team from midfield. Holmes might well have had a hat-trick but he was tripped when bearing down on goal in the early exchanges. Mick Rhodes dispatched the penalty well to the keeper's left.

The Saints then put the Cobbydalers under pressure, Madon killed a high ball on the edge of the box and fed Robinson who shot high and wide. Robinson was a threat when bursting from the midfield but Rosser was able to turn his next effort for a corner.

Foulger, returning from injury was the busier of the keepers punching from Earley and saving cleanly from Pegram and Gibiliru. Bland was winning the aerial battle allowing Silsden to regain possession on several occasions. His ball out to Longley led to another chance for Holmes following good interplay with Packer but Clifton managed to get a hand to the ball.

Hanson, looking happier going forward, grazed the bar with a 20-yarder before Madon showed his class. Firstly with his back to goal he juggled the ball and then swivelled to hit a fierce shot heading for the top corner, Foulger dived full length to tip the ball away.

Foulger also saved the striker's volley from the right and Bland headed out his dangerous free kick. The Cobbydalers took full control in a three minute spell.

Holmes battled for possession on the left and crossed enabling Jamie Longley to place the ball into the far corner.

They soon had another as Bland burst upfield. The ball was moved to Hanson who slid a pass inside the full back. Packer was swiftly on to it and Holmes flicked the cross into the net with his heel.

Despite being 3-0 down the Saints refused to give in and attacked with great determination. Foulger made a sting of spectacular saves as they weathered the storm.

At the other end a cross from Gill was headed out but Hird was on it in a flash. He exchanged passes with Packer and found Holmes who reached the by-line. The cross was heading for Longley but it was deflected clear at the last minute.

The Saints made the running in the early stages of the second half with Hanson blocking a shot from Dyson. A move down the right saw Rhodes sucked into the centre freeing up Gibiliru but he shot wide.

Inevitably Saints got onto the score sheet with the forwards being shown the way by left back Pomford. His left foot drive from 30 yards barely left the ground, and swerved Foulger's far post.

The goal gave the visitors some hope but it was short-lived.

A long ball forwards was flicked on by Hird, Holmes was on it in a flash and as the keeper advanced he slid it goalwards out of reach of Burn's despairing dive.

Hanson and Longley then freed up Holden but he held the ball too long allowing the keeper time to palm the ball away.

Both teams were still pushing forward, but a heavy challenge on Gill lead to a lengthy delay, fortunately he was able to limp off. Whiteoak came on for Silsden and Mason was shown only a yellow card.

Silsden played out the rest of the game but not without a scare or two.

In the dying minutes Madon flicked a header onto the bar and finally got his name on the scoresheet converting a penalty awarded well into stoppage time.

Saints had created more chances than the Cobbydalers but the Yorkshiremen were clinical in front of goal. Geary, who has seen his young side waste chance after chance in some games was delighted.

n This Saturday the Reds face a tough trip to second in the table Skelmersdale United.