At last a full programme of matches on drying grounds out brought football back to a reasonable level.

Top match in The Skipton Building Society Premier Division was at Oxenhope where the home side, cruelly hit by injuries, faced fellow title hopefuls Embsay who were at full strength for this vital clash. A very weakened Oxenhope side were slow to start with passes going astray and little cohesion among the players. Gradually Oxenhope settled and took the lead through Duncan Bairstow but Embsay were getting their act together, putting pressure on the Oxenhope defence.

In the second half Embsay began to create spaces and soon equalised. Oxenhope tried hard but wasted too much possession allowing Embsay to get on top and they went ahead midway through the half. Oxenhope had to push forward now and left gaps at the back which Embsay exploited to add two further goals and run out comfortable winners in the end.

Keighley kept their good run going with a 5-3 home victory over Cowling but were made to work for the points. A fast end to end first half with David Hannam opening the scoring for Keighley with a sweetly struck free kick. Cowling not to be out-done hit back to equalise when John Murray volleyed home and after further pressure James Ayrton chipped Cowling into the lead. Keighley began to play some good football and were rewarded with an equaliser from Joynal Ali before half-time.

The start of the second half saw Keighley in the ascendancy and with some flowing football they had Cowling on the rack. David Hannam restored the lead then Colin Buckley finished off a fine move to make it 4-2 and David Hannam completed his hat trick with a fifth goal. Cowling stepped up the game towards the end, putting Keighley under pressure but could only add a third goal through Damien Whiteoak to give more respectability to the score.

Haworth visited Addingham after a lay off from League football through cup matches and bad weather. They quickly got into their stride, putting Addingham under pressure but failed to score. Addingham likewise created chances without troubling the visitors keeper. Eventually the deadlock was broken when Matthew Gilmartin scored to put Haworth ahead. Addingham then had the misfortune to lose their keeper through injury and a goal from Mark Labbett made the points safe for Haworth.

Cross Hills lost at home to Skipton LMS 3-0 - no details reported.

In Division One Oxenhope Reserves visited second placed Rimmington and with a very weakened side were always going to be up against it. A strong Rimmington side dominated the first half running in four goals without reply. A re-shuffle at half-time brought better things from Oxenhope. They scored through Peter Schofield and defended well enough to stop the goal flow against to only one goal.

Keighley Reserves visited Grindleton and found the home defence in a solid position. Both sides settled quickly, testing each other's defences, the match being very even in the opening stages. Keighley were playing good football but two lapses in defence cost them the match, Grindleton cashing in to take a 2-0 lead before half-time.

The second half saw Keighley play some excellent football but Grindleton's defence withstood pressure until Liam Rowley pulled a goal back. Keighley continued well on top but could not convert chances into goals and Grindleton held onto two valuable points.

Bronte Wanderers played their first match for over a month when they visited Embsay Reserves and started slowly. A heavy Embsay pitch did little to help their endeavours. Embsay dominated the opening 20 minutes and could have been well in front but for some excellent goal keeping by Tim Welsh. After absorbing all the pressure Bronte began to get it together and they took the lead with a 20 yard shot from Richard Binns which flashed past the home keeper. Bronte defended well for most of the second half, everyone in defence excelling. With both points beginning to look secure Embsay broke and managed to score to leave both sides with a point apiece.

Haworth Reserves entertained Hellifield Sports in yet another close contest between these two sides. Little to choose at the start with defences on top giving little away. Gradually Haworth got on top and opened the scoring through Graeme Byrne. A good move finished off with a shot on the turn. Haworth maintained this lead until the second half when they increased it through Niall Walls beating the offside trap with a good through ball. Hellifield hit back straight away with a goal but Haworth had the points in their grasp and were not going to let go and finally made them safe with a second goal from Graeme Byrne.

Eastburn Rangers entertained Clitheroe United and found the visitors in excellent form putting Eastburn under pressure from the start. Eastburn held out until just on half-time then conceded a goal. Clitheroe carried on in the second half, adding a further two goals before Eastburn got a consolation on time.

Cowling Reserves entertained the team above them, Addingham Reserves, both needing to win to keep on course for promotion. Addingham struck first when a Cowling defender headed into his own net and went further behind from a soft goal to trail at half-time. Cowling started to battle back in the second half. Joseph Rainsford reduced the arrears and Andrew Hudson made it all square. Minutes later a through ball from Rainsford found Rishton clear and he shot Cowling into the lead. Sub David Gott, only on the field five minutes, made it 4-2 and Addingham were beaten and to put the icing on the cake Martin Rishton added his second to round off a good day 5-2 victory and only one point now behind the leaders.

In Division Four Sutton visited unbeaten St Pauls and the last team to beat Sutton in the League way back in October. Sutton started well showing more passion for the match, so much so that St Paul's were restricted to only a few scoring chances throughout the match. Gary Hanson opened the scoring after twenty minutes. On the half hour, Danny Newton, with space, turned and hit number two. No further score in the first half although Sutton did hit the post three times. Sutton dominated the second half but could only add one more goal through Jonathan Reape to round off a good team performance and one which closes the gap on the leaders.

Lothersdale Athletic went down at home by 4-1 against Silsden Reserves but wasted enough chances to have won the match. Silsden scored in the opening minutes through Luke Summers and added a second through Graeme Whittaker. Dale played well, created chances but failed to convert and Martin Bland broke away to make it 3-0. Dale finally got the ball in the net with a good move and early in the second half had Silsden back in defence but were unable to score. Silsden weathered the storm and late in the match added a fourth for a comfortable victory in the end.

In the Division One League Cup Silsden had a comfortable 6-0 victory against a poor Carleton side. Two goals in the first half from Michael Jarvis and Andy Geary set Silsden up for a stroll in the second half when they added a further four without reply through Adam Ackroyd (2), Andrew Holden and Andrew Geary.

Converted for the new archive on 30 June 2000. Some images and formatting may have been lost in the conversion.