Guiseley registered their fifth win from ten starts in Uni-Bond Division One this term with a comfortable 1-0 triumph at Eastwood Town, which leaves the Nottinghamshire club struggling in the lower reaches of the table.

The two clubs had been vying for no more than mid-table supremacy a week ago, but the three points takes Guiseley above neighbours Bradford Park Avenue, and within a point of local rivals Farsley Celtic.

Former Rotherham United apprentice Paul Burke netted the game's only goal in the 52nd minute.

Guiseley skipper Des Hazel won the ball in midfield and fed David Cooke, who in turn found Burke on the edge of the area and he lashed home a right-foot shot.

Eastwood's keeper had done well to fingertip away a Matt Daly header from Simon Ire-land's 30th-minute free kick, and to punch a Burke effort clear on the stroke of half-time as Guiseley threatened to take a lead before the break.

Farsley Celtic drew level on points with third-placed Ash-ton United as they gained a point from a hard-earned 1-1 home draw against UniBond Division One newcomers North Ferriby United last night.

The conditions made for a poor game, high swirling winds making any kind of aerial approach play almost im-possible.

Both the goals came in a four-minute spell midway through the first half, but it was the home side who had to come back from a goal down.

With Celtic's first-choice keeper Liam Sutcliffe serving the final game of his suspension, veteran Wayne Baker again deputised, and he was beaten in the 25th minute.

He came off his line to meet a cross, but failed to gather it and Ferriby's Mike Blythe profited from the error.

Celtic's rapid equaliser came from former York City striker Ian Blackstone.

A cross from Eamon Elliott found him lurking 12 yards from goal, and the top-scorer stroked home hit tenth goal of the season.

Robbie Whellans had two late chances to win it for Celtic, the closest being when the visitors' keeper could only palm his header against a post, but Ferriby held on for a draw.