Farsley Celtic 1, Guiseley 2: Star striker Ryan Senior got the service he wanted when a slide rule pass from midfielder Ben Thackwray set him up for the winner in this game.

Amidst cries of off-side from the home team Senior just got on with what he is best at - scoring goals. The 20 year old took his tally for the season to 14 goals in 17 appearances.

Guiseley rode into Throstle Nest with an impressive unbeaten six match league run behind them - albeit manager Neil Parsley would have wished for more than the handful of draws among them.

His team however are showing a new found confidence these days and in bitterly cold conditions on a heavy pitch, which had had to be worked on for the past few days, they worked hard and probably earned what they got although Farsley will no doubt disagree.

It was Farsley who took the lead when their on loan striker Ian Blackstone - a former Guiseley player - netted in the 12th minute.

Guiseley lost possession on half-way and Damien Henderson played the ball into the path of Blackstone who slammed the ball under 'keeper John Lamb.

Blackstone almost doubled the score in the 19th minute when Guiseley again lost possession. Gavin Bassinger broke down the left and fed Blackstone on the edge of the area but Lamb produced an excellent stop pushing the ball round for a corner,.

In the next minute Guiseley drew level. Debutant Richard Chattoe won a good midfield header and directed it into the path of David Cooke. An indiscretion from Farsley and Guiseley were awarded a penalty. Interestingly full-back Ian McLean stepped up to take the spot kick and in the slippery conditions he was not chancing a long run. A quick side step and he banged the ball home to register his first strike for the club.

Farsley battled to regain the lead with Gary Shaw putting two free-kicks into the penalty area but Guiseley were breaking well and Ryan Senior got in a good cross which Paul Booth - who had replaced Liam Sutcliffe in the Celtic goal for this game - plucked out of the air.

Senior then got away again but flashed his shot wide of the post.

Farsley made a good start to the second-half but Guiseley - buoyed by manager Neil Parsley at full-back and assistant manager Phil Sharpe playing a central defensive role - held firm.

Lamb was quickly off his line to thwart Blackstone and Henderson and when Bassinger curled in a corner it hit the side netting.

Guiseley forced a couple of corners and Nicky Hey drilled in a low centre which went right across the six yard box.

Hey made way for the reserve team's leading scorer Lee Reilly after 60 minutes and Guiseley started to apply some pressure on the Farsley back four as Reilly used his speed to pose problems.

Guiseley gave Chattoe a rest replacing him with Peter Sumner. Chattoe, a former Dr Martens League player, has not played at this level for a year and with the reserves out of action of late he has not had enough games under his belt to be fully satisfied with his contribution.

There is obviously more to come from him although he did impress with his ball winning skills and distribution and looked a good foil for young Ben Thackwray, who now seems to have established himself in the side with some battling performances.

In the 73rd minute Booth raced off his line to dive at the feet of Senior on the edge of the box but he came under pressure again as Guiseley forced successive corners.

Guiseley took the lead - and the points - in the 79th minute when Thackwray played a superb pass through for Senior to hammer the ball past Booth despite Celtic appeals for off-side.

Celtic then thought they should have had a penalty when Blackstone was brought down but the referee indicated a free-kick outside the area.

The protestations of Andy Shields led to him being sent off and the Celtic's assistant manager John Deacy was banished from the dug out by the referee.

Guiseley were content to quietly go about picking up the points .

Guiseley's game against league leaders Harrogate Town due to be played at Nethermoor Park on Monday was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. It will now take place on Monday, April 15, with a 7.45 pm kick-off.

On Saturday Guiseley are due to entertain Ashton United (3pm).