Clayton 22 Keighley Albion 24 - Keighley Albion travelled to Clayton in their final league game of the season on Saturday looking to finish their season off with a win to seal their promotion into the top flight of the Pennine League.

After early Keighley pressure Clayton opened up a 6-0 lead with a converted try, but Albion came back with good running from Wayne Smith, Daz Jackson and Steve Wrench. Under pressure Clayton conceded a scrum 10 metres from their line where Craig Livock and Richard Blackburn combined well to send Rob Haughey over for Albion's first score.

Albion's defence was looking jaded probably as a result of playing three games in eight days but they scrambled well to shut Clayton out.

Jackson Livock went in at the corner for an unconverted try and on Albion's next attack Haughey went over but was ajudged not to have grounded the ball and Clayton tied the scores at 8-8 apiece with a penalty.

Jimmy Feather went over for a converted try and Smith went folowed up to give Albion an 18-8 lead at the break. Clayton came out like a house on fire in the second half and after being held up over the line twice were able to get over for two tries with one of the kicks added to tie the scores again.

Albion continued to work hard with Blackburn Jackson Ali Feather and Tom Holland looking to create a further score for Albion. It eventually came through some excellent angled running from Farrar and with Brookes adding the goal it looked like Albion had done enough.

Clayton were not giving up and in the last minutes they progressed downfield and a clever kick from their stand off created the try to make it 24-22 with the kick to come to tie the game.

Fortunately the goal was missed and Albion held on to win.

Following Albion's resignation from the Conference league at the end of last season all credit must go to the current players and particularly coaches Paul Bailey and Barry Holland for the sterling work they've put in to secure promotion in their first season back in the Pennine League.

The end of season presentation will be held on Sunday 15 June at Keighley Variety Club starting at 2.30 and everyone associated with the club past and present is welcome to attend.

Moldgreen 4

Silsden Park Rangers 24

Rangers got back in to winning ways away at Moldgreen despite strong opposition from a side struggling to avoid relegation.

There was stalemate for the first 25 minutes of the game with much of action taking place in the Silsden half. However Silsden managed to hold out through sterling defensive efforts from Jon Gwilliam, Neil Jordan and top tackler John Williams.

A break from Danny Horne outflanked the winger to open up the scoring. Silsden kept up the attack and Gwilliam found the space he needed breaking through a number of tackles and this time managed to go all the way scoring under the posts.

Moldgreen were clearly shaken and restart went straight into touch. Horne took full advantage, slicing through the defensive line to score easily. John Williams added the extras. The Huddersfield side managed to rally just before half time. A long kick down field was fumbled and Moldgreen crossed the Silsden line from the scrum restart.

The second half started with Silsden having a 14-4 advantage and looked to be well in control of the game. Powerful drives from Rick Greenwood, Graeme Sheffield and man of the match Fryers kept the opposition on their back foot and the defensive lines were tested with moves from Mark Adams and a welcome return for Mark Ives.

Silsden tried a number of moves down the wings, the best of which was started with Fryers making the break through the defensive line off loading the ball to Horne. Horne ran the ball out wide dragging the defence across the pitch and before being forced out in to touch passed the ball back inside to the supporting Matt Bowness to score next to the posts. Williams conversion increased Silsdens lead to 20-4.

The tiring home side had put up a good performance but when Horne completed his hat-trick, running in at the corner, Moldgreens fate was sealed. Tomorrow (Saturday) Silsden have their final game of the season, at home to Victoria Vikings, kick off at 2.30pm.