The inauguration of Keighley Corporation Tramways' electrified system provided a rich opportunity for local postcard producers.

This example shows the "first electric car" on a trial run at its Ingrow Bridge terminus, on September 16, 1904. It would be October before a public service began between Ingrow, Utley and Stockbridge, carrying 3,589 passengers on its first day. The 30 horses and six tramcars of a horse-drawn system operating since 1889 were promptly sold off.

Keighley's new electric cars were made by the Brush Electrical Engineering Company, of Loughborough, and were painted in a white and crimson livery. They were originally open-topped, but covers were fitted between 1910 and 1912. From 1909 they ran in conjunction with buses and with tracklesses from 1913. The trams were discontinued in 1924.

The small domed structure shown here in the left-hand background was a men's urinal. Forty years ago there were 30 public conveniences in the Borough of Keighley (eight ladies' and 22 gentlemen's), 15 of which were in the town itself. Presumably human biology has changed in recent years.