Keighley 2nd XV 24 Ilkley 2nd XV 7 - Keighley played with authority against an Ilkley side which is not accustomed to being beaten.

Keighley were strengthened with the inclusion of Soren a young Danish international in the front row on a visit to Keighley plus Danny Horne from Silsden who came looking for a game as their match was cancelled. Switches were made in the backs with Adam Balderstone taking the stand off slot and Richard Cavender moving to the outside centre. These changes in the first half were significant.

Soren set up a drive towards the Ilkley line in the first five minutes. The momentum was carried on by Oliver Sugden and when the ball was fed out to the left Cavender made a good half break which allowed Ieuan Morgan, playing on the left wing, to cross for a good try. Cavender added the extra points.

The forwards were the architects of the next Keighley try with some hard yardage made through the muddy conditions. Balderstone broke left and fed inside to Phil Hannah, the pass and pace fooling the Ilkley defence as Hannah scored under the posts. The conversion gave Cavender two more easy points.

Keighley's backs created the next try with Horne joining the line at pace and his quick hands put Morgan over in the corner.

Ilkley's experienced middle backs never gave up and just on half time the centres linked and inter-passed for a converted try.

Defences were on top with some tough tackling, with Horne stopping the Ilkley forwards in their tracks with some textbook 'hits'. The impact of one tackle was so great that the battled hardened Ilkley forward spilled the ball five yards forward into the hands of of Keighley's supporting forwards.

With game staring to drift away both sides introduced their subs to try to lift the game. Keighley's replacement prop Kenrick was soon in the thick of the loose play and a barnstorming run for at least 40-yards put Keighley back on the offensive.

Sugden had to leave the field; with Gibson moving from backrow into the hooking position. With the game won Woodwiss was replaced by James Tillotson at scrum half who made his presence felt in the last five minutes. From a scrum 30 yards out he picked up the ball and shot down the blind side to cross unopposed on the final whistle.