Otley Town 3

Campion FC 2

Campion are somewhat of a Curates Egg of a football team in that you are never really sure what kind of team is going to turn up.

For this Premier League encounter however, Campion, like Otley Town, had to name a much changed side with injuries, illness and back words eliminating the majority of their strongest eleven.

Despite the two weakened sides and the fact that there was little at stake, this was a reasonable contest with Otley Town emerging worthy winners and in so doing leap-frogging Campion into third place.

The first 25 minutes of the game passed by without any incident of note, but then Campion took the lead through an Adrian Howard header after Town's defence had been caught napping from the well worked free- kick.

Curiously Town continued to adopt a cautious approach despite being a goal behind and had it not been for Graham Bentley in the Town goal, who made a fantastic double save, it could well have been more.

It was only following the half-time break that they took the game to Campion with a more adventurous formation.

This paid off in the opening minutes when Man-of-the-Match Dave Conway rose at the far post to head the ball back across goal and Stuart Hinds swept home from close range.

Town now began to play some excellent football and soon increased their lead with a similar goal to the first - only this time skipper Ian Wolfenden volleyed home from close range from Conway's intelligent header.

All season Otley have struggled to hold on to a lead and so it proved again as Campion replied immediately with a fine strike from Tariq Hussein following an admirable move down the left flank.

With the benefit of this swift retort it was now Campion who began to call the tune and Otley who had some defending to do.

Just when it appeared that both sides had settled for a convenient draw Town scored what can only be described as a scrappy goal through Dave Conway to seal the points.

Last night, Wednesday, Town were due to play Tyersal at the Brighouse Town ground in the semi-final of the League Cup.

On Saturday Town travel to Storthes Hall for a 1 pm kick-off for their penultimate league game of the season.