THE cause of a major house fire in Bradford where a man tragically died has been revealed.

Mohsin Janjua, 28, was labelled a hero after he rushed into his fire-hit lifelong home on Finch Street, Little Horton, to try to save his brother at around 5am on Saturday. 

Moshin thought his brother Faisal Janjua was still in the house as the blaze ripped through the terraced property.

Unbeknownst to him, Faisal had jumped out of the window at the back of the house.

Read more: "He died a hero," lifelong friend and neighbour pays tribute to Mohsin Janjua

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service has now said the cause of the fire was a lithium-ion battery from an e-bike.

The fire investigation report shows the origin of the blaze was the living room - where the bike had been on charge.

On Saturday, West Yorkshire Police confirmed it was treating the incident as non-suspicious.

A spokesperson said: "A man, a woman, and a child had managed to escape from the property and were taken to hospital for treatment. Their injuries were not life-threatening. 

"A second man was brought out of the address by firefighters and was treated by paramedics but was pronounced dead at the scene."