RESIDENTS are being advised to stay indoors due to a smoke plume caused by a fire at a business in Otley.

Nine crews are in attendance at a fire at a business premises on Bradford Road in the Otley area, after the fire service were called at 7.30pm tonight (Saturday).

A spokesperson for the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Residents nearby are being asked to keep their doors and windows shut due to a smoke plume.

"Operational support crews including an aerial ladder (from Leeds), welfare unit and command unit are also in attendance."