TWO men have been jailed for more than 30 years after they were convicted of being involved in a shooting incident in Pudsey .

Kiefer Lee, 32, and Stephen Crawley, 30, were both given extended jail sentences totalling 17 years each at Leeds Crown Court on Thursday.

Both were jailed after they pleaded guilty to possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life in relation to the incident which occurred in Greenside, Pudsey on July 12 last year.  

Detectives described the actions of the duo as 'reckless' and said they hoped the sentences would bring some comfort to the victim, who has since moved home for fear of the offenders returning.

Officers attended the location after damage was reported to a window at a first-floor flat at around 11pm. The damage was found to be consistent with the discharge of a firearm. No injuries were reported.  

Enquiries by West Yorkshire Police’s Firearms Prevent Investigation Team into the incident established that one of the offenders had fled the scene on a motorbike after firing a gun.  

Lee, of Fairfield Hill, Bramley, Leeds, was arrested in November after using the motorbike, which was on false registration plates, to travel to Blackpool.  

Crawley, of Farrow Vale, Armley, Leeds, was linked to the investigation through CCTV and a telephone seized from him upon his arrest which contained call data showing his movements as travelling to and from the location of the discharge. 

Both were later charged and remanded into custody.  

Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Inspector Kevin Daly, said: “The victim was impacted so much by the incident that they had to move home, such was their fear that the defendants would return. 

“The actions of Crawley and Lee were reckless to say the least and I hope the victim can find some comfort in this outcome. 

“I hope this demonstrates that the discharge of a firearm in a public place will not be tolerated, and that anyone found to be involved in such an incident is likely to face a significant jail term.” 

When the T&A visited the scene shortly after the incident, a police cordon was in place as detectives carried out inquiries.

Damage to the flat was clear to see, while the incident had sparked concern in the surrounding community.