A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation in a fire that destroyed the bedroom of a home in Heckmondwike.

Three engines from the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called at 9.30pm last night (Saturday) to a report of a house fire on Fairmoor Way, Heckmondwike.

"The front bedroom was 100 per-cent involved on arrival," said a spokesperson for Cleckheaton Fire Station. "We used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the fire.

"One female was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

"The fire was confined to the bedroom but there was smoke damage to the entire first floor.

"We believe the cause of the fire was candles."

Crews from Cleckheaton, Rastrick and Mirfield fire stations all attended the scene.


Have you got a story for us? Email newsdesk@telegraphandargus.co.uk or contact us here, or WhatsApp us on 07720403052.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up with all the latest news.

Sign up to our newsletter to get updates sent straight to your inbox.

You can also call us on 01274 705292.