THE owner of a historic Bradford mill that was at the centre of an emergency scene earlier today has spoken out.

Fire crews around the city rushed to Black Dyke Mills in Queensbury on Wednesday afternoon.

Pictures sent in by one of our readers showed firefighters attempting to enter the unit as smoke was seen billowing out of it.

This was due to an electrical fault in a tenant's unit.

Thankfully it was well contained and little damage was caused.

Video: Alexander Kendrew

Owner of Black Dyke Mills Paul Clark said: "It was an electrical fault in a tenant's unit, which has now been contained, with a small amount of damage.

"The fire crew did an amazing job.

"If anything can be learned from this, everyone should ensure that all electrical items in businesses and homes are checked on a regular basis."

Crews from Odsal, Fairweather Green and Illingworth attended the 'building fire' at 1.30pm.

Two breathing apparatus and one hose reel were used.

No injuries were reported, confirmed the fire service.