West Yorkshire Police has shared details about its dedicated online form for reporting crashes.

People can report road traffic collisions providing no one has been injured and they’re not causing an obstruction.

Other reasons to call emergency services instead of using the form include having already reported the collision to the police via a phone call or the 101 Live Chat; you have already exchanged details with the other driver (third party); if the incident occurred outside of West Yorkshire.

Reasons to use the form include road traffic collisions where a drive has 'failed to stop', damage only road traffic collisions and if the incident has occurred in West Yorkshire.

People can report information via www.westyorkshire.police.uk/report-a-road-traffic-collision

It is hoped the form will save emergency call operators' time.

For all the very latest information on the roads and rails, visit our Traffic and Travel page.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up with all the latest news.

Sign up to our newsletter to get updates sent straight to your inbox.

Have you got a story for us? Email newsdesk@telegraphandargus.co.uk or contact us here or call us on 01274 705292.