A MAN had to be rescued from a cooking fire in a Bradford home in the early hours of this morning.

Both Bradford and Shipley fire stations were called at 3.33am today to a report of a chip pan fire at Norwood Avenue in Shipley.

The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said a chip pan was involved in fire but it was out when crews arrived at the scene.

Fire crews used a high-powered fan to clear smoke.

One man was rescued and given first aid and oxygen therapy before being handed over to the ambulance service.